GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Engineer: to support our environmental investigation and remediation practice in our Livonia, Michigan:, office. The successful candidate will have a solid educational background, and must be self-motivated with a professional attitude.
As an Environmental Engineer, you will work on a fast-paced team of Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Principals. You will perform extensive fieldwork and gain experience in drilling oversight, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sampling, monitoring well installations, air monitoring, remediation/construction oversight, and operation of various remedial systems. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
Between field work projects, you will work in a professional office setting, preparing detailed and accurate field documentation, data analysis and reporting. In addition, you will be exposed to our environmental compliance and air quality practice in our Livonia office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geotechnical, Hydrogeology, or Environmental Engineering (Master’s Degree a plus)
- 1+ years of related environmental experience in the fields of site investigation and sampling soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment and air; performance of Phase I environmental site assessments; baseline environmental assessments in Michigan; and, operations and maintenance of field remediation systems preferred
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Perform technical execution of projects under the supervision of project managers
- Ability to follow directions, and work independently or in a team setting
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Database, CAD or ArcGIS a plus
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and FE/EIT certification a plus
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.