This highly experienced and skilled professional has total responsibility for the successful delivery of large and complex Lighting projects that are typically part of energy performance contracts (PACT) & Turnkey projects. This individual will also participate in the project development phase whenever possible. As the lighting expert for the operations team, this individual works closely with the lighting team to identify opportunities for the efficient and effective ways to fulfill the lighting portion of projects. Typical Comprehensive Project Elements
- Turnkey, Performance Contracts (PACT) and Design Build Ventures
- Project durations that range from months to years
- Lighting vendors and subcontractors
- In house project development in conjunction with outside consulting partners
- Customer interface and communication in support of Turnkey-PACT project manager
- Harshaw Trane as prime contractor
- Cutting edge lighting & Lighting Controls Technologies
- Warranty Facilitation Post Project Completion
- Field Measurement & Verification Tasks Execution
- Working knowledge of lighting technology, equipment and applications
- Ability to lead subcontract teams and influence internal partners to execution results
- Experience and knowledge in using Project Management Tools scheduling and forecasting tools is required.
- Familiarity with financially guaranteed contracts is plus
- Must have a general working knowledge of basic engineering, electricity and the building construction industry.
- Familiarity of local, State, and Federal construction codes and standards such as IES, OSHA, ASHRAE, NFPA, NEC, and others. Validates project permitting requirements and code compliance and subsequent subcontractor compliance at all levels.
- Must have a good understanding of contract law, project financial management, and a full understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience or ten years of experience in the lighting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 or more recognized lighting industry certifications is preferred.
Key Result: Project Success
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives involving complex contracting applications.
- Works closely with preferred vendors to properly orchestrate, validate lighting shipments and deliveries
- Validates and reconciles vendor and subcontractor invoicing
- Responsible for in depth, physical, post-audit, pre-lighting order release, existing lighting inspections and verification in order validate that the lighting Bill of Material will work for the application
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Possesses a firm understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Responsible for maintaining the lighting portion of project budget to forecasted values. Prepares monthly forecasts of delivered revenue and margin for lighting portion of all assigned projects.
- Works with the lighting development team and utilizes project fulfillment and lighting industry experience to help develop projects prior to final proposal
- Ensure and oversee lighting scopes are installed/implement as specified and designed
- Identifies financial and quality risks before they happen and is quick to address and remedy issues as they materialize working closely with the lighting team.
- Always Protects the brand and long-term reputation of Harshaw Trane
Key Result: Customer Satisfaction
- Becomes a trusted advisor by doing the right thing, efficiently to build rapport and collaborative relationships with customers
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, subcontractors, consulting engineers, and field support staff
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers or their representative on a regular and consistent basis
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer
- Always Serves as an ambassador for Harshaw Trane by maintaining a professional image
Key Result: Quality
- Plan, organize, and inspect using quality improvement processes
- Reviews execution plans with subcontractors and Comprehensive Project Manager
- Ensures that commissioning is performed on all assigned projects
- Responsible for planning, analyzing and timely completion of assigned activities
- Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks that insure that no aspect of the work is neglected
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects
- Prioritizes when appropriate. Stays focused and uses time effectively
- Identifies and challenges poor work practices on projects
Key Result: Profitability
- Maintains focus on established project team goals
- Identifies and creates solutions for areas of weakness in delivery processes
- Completes jobs on-time and within budget
- Monitors project schedule and reviews with project internal and external teams at regular intervals. Takes corrective action as required to maintain project deadlines and commitments.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Manages ongoing project financials by maintaining accurate estimate to complete values to maintain consistent and accurate project margins.
- Establish an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Manages assigned projects throughout the warranty period to ensure seamless transition to ongoing services provided as part of project.
Key Result: Building Working Relationships
- Takes accountability for outcomes (positive or negative) of assigned projects.
- Listens to and fully involves others in the team regarding decisions and actions. Values individuality and talent.
- Seeks clarification of communication to ensure that the situation / issue at-hand is understood.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Organizes written and oral communication that articulates purpose and importance. Also stresses major points and follows a logical sequence.
Key Result: Safety
- Identifies safety issues and problems by checking equipment and work area regularly. Detects hazardous working conditions and safety problems.
- Corrects unsafe working conditions or practices by others.
- Makes recommendations to improve safety and security procedures.
- Be familiar and adhere to EPA, OSHA, HTS, and customer job site policies.
- Responsibility for overall site safety requirements and communication of safety policies for duration of assigned Turnkey and PACT projects
Key Result: Continuous Learning
- Is committed to continuous improvement.
- Stays abreast of current developments and trends relevant to technical and professional areas.
- Collaboratively establishes developmental goals to identify areas for improvement.
- Acquires and maintains all necessary licenses and certifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works occasionally in a typical office environment with regular visits to job sites which include outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- project management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement