LHC, Inc. has been shaping the landscape in the Flathead Valley and throughout the state of Montana for over 50 years. We are proud to have helped engineer and develop bridges, overpasses, highway systems and building projects in communities across Montana. LHC considers safety as not only a high priority, but a cornerstone in our values and processes throughout our organization. This commitment is driven by the owners, and embraced by management, staff, and crews. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe in providing the opportunity for on the job training and a career only limited by you.
We currently have an opportunity for a Concrete Operations Mechanic to join our team to support our Big Sky, MT concrete operation. Duties to include support of mixer trucks, loader and batch plant maintenance. This position does provide housing and a daily per Diem for a qualified candidate living outside of the area.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Enhances concrete department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Class A CDL Driver’s License preferred but not required
- Minimum five (5) years of diesel mechanic experience required
- Associates or Bachelors in Diesel Technology or other related field strongly preferred
- Experience in Construction is preferred
- Work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Must have own basic tool collection
- Effective communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Positive Attitude and be dependable
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently when necessary
- Self- starter
- Ability to trouble shoot
- Must be able to work various shifts, days and overtime as needed
- Must be willing to travel when needed
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs. and 25 lbs. regularly
- Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement
- Sit and/or stand up for long periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms
- Bend at the waist, kneel, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull
- Climb ladders/steps
- Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, and vibrations
- Successfully pass a Pre-employment drug test
- Successfully pass a Pre-Employment Physical
LHC, Inc. provides Competitive Wages and a Comprehensive Benefits Package to all employees
To apply, visit our website at www.lhcmt.com
LHC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance