Lean Engineer/Safety Coordinator
Lean Engineer/Safety Coordinator is a dual role, responsible for process improvements, development, and promoting a culture of safety. Views complex processes and problems and communicates them in simple understandable terms. Identify safety risks and implement solutions to mitigate them. Uses analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct root cause analysis and implement solutions. This position will interact with employees, department heads and varying levels across all plants within the organization. Process Mapping and Documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Apply Lean tools and processes, such as Kaizen, 5S, Standardized work, 7 Ways, 3P, Poka-Yoke, and material and information flow design.
- Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives focused on positive relationships, building an idea/problem-solving culture.
- Vision and boldness to pursue big ideas, encourage smart experimentation.
- Simplify complex matters to communicate in an easily understood, simple, clear format.
- Excellent analytical, root cause analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Lead the Safety Committee.
- Track and analyze near-misses and recordable incidents.
- Assure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop and manage safety training programs for onboarding and ongoing (lock-out/tag-out, hazards, ergonomics, bloodborne pathogens, and etc.)
- Work with 3rd party insurer to develop a robust safety program.
- Perform safety and process audits.
· Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Textiles Engineering or other related field.
· Proven ability to conduct root cause analysis, and process improvements.
· 1-3 years’ experience as Lean practitioner.
· Experience leading teams such as Kaizen or Rapid Improvement events
· Ability to travel and attend conferences.
· Experience with Microsoft Office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Yale Cordage, Inc. reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Production Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)