Triple A Building Services, Inc.
Full-Time / Benefited
Company Headquarters: Laramie, WY
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
The Project Engineer will oversee the engineering and administrative operations of a construction site, from planning to completion. The duties of the Project Engineer will fluctuate, but will at minimum include: responsibility for project controls, scheduling, costs, conformity to project drawings/specifications, and ensuring the safety and quality compliance of the site during day-to-day operations.
The Project Engineer assist the Project Manager with on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
The Project Engineer will be accountable for:
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project conformance to specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Project Engineer:
- Assist in the scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions, clients, engineers, or bodies having governance.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Walk jobsite on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of contracted scope.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume through Indeed, and we will reach out in a timely manner.
We look forward to speaking with you!!
Triple A Building Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Ability to pass a background check and drug screen are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Project Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations