Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently seeking a Junior Process Engineer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and complete engineering design activities including, but not limited to:
- Modeling, simulations and calculations of process units and process systems.
- HAZOP meeting participation.
- Control narratives.
- Prepare process engineering project deliverables including, but not limited to:
- PFD’s, P&ID’s and Shutdown Keys.
- Control valves, PSV and instrument data sheets.
- Sizing calculations of equipment, piping, safety and control instruments, and data sheets.
- Involvement in PRE-FEED and FEED stages of projects.
- Assist in technical bid evaluations.
- Active involvement in problem solving and decision making in regard to process engineering and advising the project management teams accordingly.
- Chemical Engineering degree is required.
- Registered as an E.I.T. with APEGA.
- 0-5 years of experience in process engineering in a relevant EPCM setting.
- Experience with PFDs, P&IDs and HAZOPs.
- Working knowledge of HYSYS.
- Experience participating in Design Basis Memorandum (DBM) development is preferred.
- Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Driven individual with the capacity to manage several tasks, while ensuring deadlines are met.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Full-time