As a Front-End Developer, your job will be to build accessible products and services that are simple enough for everyone to use. We are looking for someone who will be responsible for creating digital products and services that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers, and platforms.
- Showcase the ability to understand customer problems and to use that understanding to create elegant but practical solutions.
- Understand human-centered design principles and processes and how to implement them in standards compliant code to ensure outcomes meet both business and user goals.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams to inform and improve code quality and best practices.
- Ensure code documentation is easily understood and coding practices utilize common approaches that will help products and services scale.
- Build trusted relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong emphasis on building universally accessible products and services.
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product features and capabilities.
- Demonstrates an attitude of service and leverages code for civic good.
- Able to take designs and turn them into functional artifacts.
- Comfortable with design-related programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma).
- Understands how to design within a branded system and/or product.
- 3+ years' experience in a Web Design & Development, UI Development, or Front-End Engineering.
- Experienced with mobile-first & responsive web design (Flexbox and CSS Grid).
- Proficiency and experienced with HTML Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton, etc.).
- Proficient and experienced with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experienced with content management systems (Ex. SharePoint 2016, WordPress, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to mitigate them.
- Basic understanding of Package Management, such as Node, for importing shared libraries in a project.
- Basic understanding and experience in implementing SEO principles.
- Basic understanding and usage of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SCSS.
- Basic understanding and usage of Developer Tools/Browser Stack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Highly comfortable presenting their work to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate well with others and a desire to learn and share knowledge with the wider team.
- Experience working in an agile environment within a multidisciplinary team.
Must be US Citizen | US Permanent Resident
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)