Join the Reyes team and become a part of an established Heavy Civil General Contracting firm.
Reyes has variety of clients including the U.S. Navy, Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego, Army Corps of Engineers, and various counties and cities. Our past projects include a wide range of Heavy Civil Construction. We are seeking to hire an experienced Heavy Civil Estimator that is able to estimate $1-$50 million dollar projects in the Southern California Area. The Estimator is responsible for developing accurate, profitable, and timely estimates. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, excellent communication skills, multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize workload.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of project documents and site conditions.
- Attend pre-bid meeting/site visits.
- Perform and review detail takeoffs.
- Identify required subcontractors.
- Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review subcontractors and supplier quotes.
- Identify issues and submit RFIs for clarification.
- Determine labor and equipment productions for work activities.
- Participate in bid reviews.
- Manage the estimate on “Bid Day”.
- Develop project schedule.
- 10+ years of heavy civil construction experience.
- 5+ years of estimating experience.
- Experienced with heavy civil project estimates.
- Experienced with design-build and design-bid-build project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Hard Dollar software a plus.
- Knowledge of Planswift software a plus.
- Knowledge of Agtek software a plus.
- Knowledge of Primavera scheduling software a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA Program, 401K, EAP, vacation / sick pay
Reyes Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled veteran. Additionally, it is the policy of Reyes Construction, Inc. to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law with regard to any term or condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 5 years (Required)