Engine Power Components, Inc.
Opportunity at Grand Haven, Michigan facility
Why you should join our team:
The Facility Engineer will play a key role in building upon recent improvements, to develop robust processes and systems that are nimble, efficient, and reliable to provide for growth and continuous improvement in facility and equipment maintenance. If you are up for a good challenge, the opportunities are available and rewarding. We win together and we lose together, but we really enjoy winning!
Who we are:
Engine Power Components is an IATF 16949 certified, global leader in camshaft design and production. We serve a worldwide customer base and supply many diverse market segments. If it has an engine, we probably supply a camshaft for that application. We service heavy duty on and off-road markets, marine and recreational vehicles, light duty trucks, passenger cars, motorcycles, auxiliary power units, racing and high-performance vehicles, and large high horsepower applications for large ships, locomotives, mining equipment and power generation. Excellent customer relationships with some of the best known, globally recognized engine manufacturers, together with talented and dedicated staff, have allowed Engine Power Components to grow from a small operation founded in 1979, to one of the leading camshaft suppliers in the world today.
As Facility Engineer, you will:
· Be the recognized owner of the Engine Power Components facility and equipment maintenance management systems.
· Promote a culture of operational excellence and teamwork that embraces respect, safety, quality, integrity, accountability, corrective action, and continuous improvement, to deliver exceptional customer service and performance.
· Partner cross-functionally to leverage good process and best practice across all aspects of the business.
· View facility and equipment management strategically while delivering excellence functionally.
Areas of ownership:
· Facility and equipment maintenance team
· Facility and equipment maintenance management systems and strategies
· Uptime optimization
· Inventories of spare parts and maintenance supplies
· Maintenance supplier relationships and development
· IATF 16949 maintenance department excellence
· Workplace safety
As an ideal candidate for Facility Engineer, you would:
· Have successful and progressive professional experience in a variety of facility and equipment maintenance management disciplines.
· Know how to dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to inspect, troubleshoot, and rebuild.
· Know how to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic prints.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills and the ability to influence others with assertiveness and grace, such that our team would enjoy working with you.
· Show a history of sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking, listening, conflict resolution, and solving complex problems.
· Show proven experience in successfully delivering operational excellence and exceptional customer service through facility and equipment maintenance management.
· Hold a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in engineering, or other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrate the successful design and implementation of effective facility and equipment maintenance management system strategies consistent with overall business goals.
· Have a successful track record of coaching, mentoring, and equipping others at all levels of an organization.
· Have a successful track record of leading and working with commitment, integrity, trust, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Demonstrate customer focus and business acumen.
· Participate in professional associations.
If you are passionate about facility and equipment management, and the potential to make an amazing difference, we would love to speak with you. We reward our employees with excellent benefits, including competitive wages, family health, dental, vision & life insurance, paid vacation, paid sick-leave, and a 401(k) plan. If you are looking for a great opportunity, consider joining our team. Help us to write the next chapter and be part of a great story!
It is the policy of Engine Power Components to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Programmable logic controllers: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location