More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They'll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world's leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We're looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to build the future of the Granular software-as-a-service (SAAS) products: Granular Business ( https://granular.ag/farm-management-software/ ) andGranular Insights ( https://us.insights.granular.ag ). You will be a part of the team integrating platform services into our application to create a shared experience across Granular's products. You will be responsible for forging the path to implement these integrations, working together with engineers in other products and offices to build a sustainable system.
At Granular, you'll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise on a mission to revolutionize the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We're growing quickly, and expanding our team in [where]. We're looking for self-motivated, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You'll Get To Do:
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science, and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web application.
- Create an application that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and pricing to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- Work cross-organization to define a unified product experience.
- Mentor engineers and team members.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering leads to build out next generation architecture.
- Build thought leadership within the engineering organization.
Perks and Benefits:
- 2-7 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Strong communication skills to work with other engineers across teams and product lines
- Proven experience building software with a focus on reliability, scalability, and performance
- Dedication to software engineering best practices, including unit tests, code reviews, and consistency
- Experience with Python3 and/or Node.JS web frameworks, such as Flask, FastAPI, or express
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Kubernetes cloud infrastructure management tools
Who We Are:
- Upward mobility; we are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Flexible time off
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
- Lunch and a fully-stocked refrigerator provided throughout the week
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build more profitable and efficient farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. As the world's leading FMS, Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE: CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/ ( http://granular.ag/ ), Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/ ( https://www.facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/ )