DRM, Inc. is looking for a full-time Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic in Gillette, WY. DRM Inc. is a General Contractor that specializes in road and site work construction, underground utilities and development in Gillette, WY. We have built many long-term, valued relationships with Governmental Agencies, the finest General Contractors and most reputable developers in Northeastern Wyoming and surrounding areas.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Candidate must possess a strong commitment to safety of self and others. The Mechanic will be required to operate in both a shop and field environment. Must be self-motivated, willing to travel, and work outside in adverse weather conditions. This position will work in a team environment on the removal, repair, rebuild or replacement of defective components on heavy construction equipment, semi-trucks and trailers. Candidate must be willing to learn new tasks and have pride in the quality of their work.
· Must have your own set of tools.
§ ¼” ½” ¾” sockets, impacts and torque wrenches required. 1” preferred.
§ Hand tools required for work performed: pliers, wrenches, bars etc.
§ Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting tooling: DVOM, battery tester, gauges, etc.
§ Engine related tooling: fuel gauges, photo tach, borescope, coolant pressure tester, temp gun, etc.
§ Component rebuild tooling: pullers, feeler and dial gauges, bearing and seal installers etc.
§ General tooling: die grinders, hammers, pin drivers, grinder, welding hood etc.
§ Lifting straps, chain, come a long’s, lift links etc. Required in field position.
· Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions.
· Must be willing to work extended overtime and weekends throughout the construction season.
· Proficient at minor welding repairs, stick and wire, cutting processes etc.
· Must have experience with OEM (ET, Insite, Davies4) and aftermarket scan tools for diagnostics.
· Repair experience with and without manuals.
· Must have ability to communicate repairs to manager and complete daily work orders and timecards.
· Technical degree or certification a plus but not required with experience.
· Must have a good driving record and a no restriction Class B CDL, or ability to obtain.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Perform major and minor repairs on engines, powertrain, undercarriage, fuel systems, air systems and hydraulic systems.
· Perform efficient diagnostics on electronic controls and components.
· Operate and inspect machines before and after repairs.
· Preventative maintenance, and sample based repairs.
· Diesel tune ups, overheads and timing settings.
· Field HVAC work.
· Field calls frequently during busy season.
· Perform efficient diagnostics on hydraulic systems as well as hydraulic adjustments.
· Use correct manuals, identify, and order correct parts. Heavy SIS usage.
· Component repairs, engine, transmissions, differentials, finals, cylinders ect.
· Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman of any additional work required on a unit.
· Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if equipment or vehicle is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
· Manage jobs efficiently and in a timely manner.
Benefits & Salary:
· Wages DOE
· Employee medical coverage, dental, vision, life and AD&D Insurance.
· Short and long-term disability.
· 401(k), Employee Savings Programs
· Tool replacement program
DRM, Inc. is an EOE and a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- CDL B (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma