Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit a Quality Engineer, to join the team in Martinsburg, WV (USA).
Reporting to: Corporate Quality Director
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall quality of the facility. Works with Managers and Employees ton continuously improve performance through driving and facilitating problem solving and implementing processes.
Key Tasks & Activities...
- Assist in the evaluation of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and ensure that local processes are aligned
- Apply principals for developing, building and organizing teams to meet company quality objectives
- Identify training needs, describe training programs and material development and apply methods for determining effectiveness
- Identify and integrate quality systems elements such as process control, auditing and testing procedures
- Understand and interpret Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Process capability data in a manufacturing environment
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting of Process capability data.
- Evaluate process performance to facilitate problem solving, continuous improvement and opportunities.
- Assist in investigation and determination of root cause and corrective action for customer complaints
- Conduct internal quality systems and process control audits
- Review manufacturing feasibility to meet customer requirements; revision of sampling plans accordingly
- Assist in closing out actions from internal and external audits
- Conduct quality training for each facility
- Assist in organizing qualifications for new and existing products
- MSA selection and improvement of measurement tools and instruments via gage R & R
- Support and drive continuous improvement throughout the plant (Kaizen, 5S, Lean Manufacturing events/training etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Who we are looking for...
Background and Experience
- Recognized academic or professional qualification and should be able to demonstrate strong experience in quality assurance and process improvement
- Experience in plastics industry preferred (injection molding, SBM, EBM)
- Experience with manual and automated inspection tools (calipers, micrometers)
- Industry experience in a quality related role
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification
- Demonstrated ability to achieve production goals in terms of safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate and apply the 7 tools of quality and other methods used to drive improvement
- Ability to create, interpret and train Statistical Process Control Charting
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, quality systems and standards
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, including health and safety
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Logoplaste offers an excellent benefits package with genuine career development opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Quality Engineer: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- 12 hour shift
- Overnight shift