Thyssen Mining is a full-service underground mining contractor with several projects currently underway in Canada and the USA. Thyssen currently has a vacancy for a Cost Engineer at a project near Lead, SD.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Cost Engineer will work with limited supervision to manage certain data analytics and cost engineering information and interact with all project teams. This position will support the Project Controls process and frontline leaders to deliver detailed cost analysis across the project. This position is expected to work a 10-hour shift on a 5:2 schedule.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a field setting is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management or similar is required.
- Able to use a variety of computer software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications; expert proficiency with Excel and intermediate proficiency with Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience in accounting, CASB and/or Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) is a plus.
- Ability to review and develop new processes and streamline transactional activities.
- Ability to manage the preparation of cost information.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with all levels of the project team.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with a focus on high quality work products and timeliness.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Thyssen Mining will provide:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Medical insurance for self and family
- 401K contribution
Apply with your cover letter and résumé by email or fax 306-543-5844. Please indicate “Cost Engineer” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time