You are a qualified, self-motivated and talented individual that desires to collaborate with a team of likeminded and hard-working professionals. You are a Licensed Landscape Architect with experience in landscape design, civil experience, knowledge in plants, etc. You can demonstrate your excellent graphic capabilities through providing a cover letter and examples of your work that may translate well to this position. Your resume is well-organized, with a professional display, and shows your proven diligent work history.
Full-time, non-exempt provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our waterfront office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis once the COVID-19 Stay Home order is lifted. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with outside clients and partners made up of landscape architects, civil engineers, surveyors, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a wide variety of public and private landscape architectural projects. Typical projects include: wetland mitigation plans, shoreline restoration, site plans, land development, tree retention plans, creek and swale designs and support for large scale planning projects.
Position roles and responsibilities
- Prepare concepts, design development, maps and graphic illustrations
- Work with Principal, Project Managers, CAD Technician and Planners as well as our GIS group to compile data, import drawings and maps and prepare design solutions.
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, landscape architects, general contractors, planners and environmental scientists.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Review background information for projects with critical thinking and understanding of the bigger picture (i.e. topographic maps, aerial imagery; GIS data, etc.)
- Preparation of high-quality technical drawings with assistance of CAD Technician and GIS based maps incorporating site plans and maps from partners and clients
- Understand basic site planning and design
- Able to prepare basic grading plans and specifications
- Visit construction sites as necessary to gather information, review design intent, inform and support senior project team members during the construction phase.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, and annuals in preparing planting plans and density calculations for wetland and shoreline mitigation/restoration plans.
- Coordinating and tracking in collaboration with the Project Manager/Planner on assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Review plans and specifications for negotiations and compliance with approved Land Use and Resource Agency permits
- Client communications as directed
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships
- Ability to work independently, accountable for deadlines, tracking time and staying within budget
Skills and Experience :
- A bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Washington State Licensed LA
- High proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working on wetland and shoreline mitigation is preferred. Stream and/or wetland restoration experience a plus
- Understanding or prior preparation of JARPA drawings and wetland rating figures a plus
- Technical knowledge of landscape architecture site development elements.
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities
- Required to keep a professional manner in all aspects and with all clients, regulatory personnel, and other professionals
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges
About the Company:
We are a highly respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resource assessments, environmental planning, aquatic habitat restoration, entitlement and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. We specialize in shoreline and land use solutions; site planning and project design; project coordination; project permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the Pacific Northwest’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. We have achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Our Benefits Package and What We Offer:
- PTO (Vacation/Sick)
- Paid holidays
- Retirement with employer contribution
- Education, incentive & bonus programs
- Positive culture and professional environment
- Talented and diversely disciplined team
- Solid reputation in the environmental industry
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please provide your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused