The Shyft Group embodies a lean culture - not just a lean manufacturing process - to ensure everything from our product planning, to our engineering protocol, to our final assembly and finish processes are highly efficient and carry with them the demand for continuous improvement.
Although publicly traded, we're entrepreneurial in spirit and carry the core beliefs that hard work and accountability pay off. We take personal pride in every vehicle we build, every partnership we secure, every process we advance, and every owner and driver we empower to command their road.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS SUITE OF BENEFITS WHICH INCLUDE:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Dependent Scholarships
- Quarterly Bonus
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Purchased Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program
Responsible for providing accurate, timely and cost effective engineering solutions that work well within the limits of our manufacturing equipment and assembly capabilities. Additionally, these solutions must meet customer expectations, program timeline and technical objectives, perform for the desired warranty period and comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Engineering solution shall also encompass commonization and simplification using Lean / Sigma techniques.
- Embrace and support The Shyft Group Corporate policies and procedures
- Be able to resolve performance target, customer, end user usage, manufacturing and assembly problems utilizing problem solving techniques and methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, production personnel, supplier personnel, service personnel, quality personnel, purchasing personnel, and customers to create optimal solutions to support the business.
- Demonstrate a desire to support engineering’s customers (production, sales, purchasing teams, etc).
- Follow define development and release process utilizing engineering disciplines.
- Determine effectiveness of the engineering solutions, understanding un-intended consequences to dimensional, material, manufacturing processes, tooling and option capability.
- Coordinate effective date of engineering solution with suppliers, quality, purchasing and planning.
- Initiate changes to drawings, solids models, bills of material, owner’s manuals and service procedures
- Effectively utilize ARAs/AS400 (release system software) to research product/spec history and structure, where used on component parts, and product compatibility.
- Provide engineering solutions that maximize financial profitability.
- Understand chassis build and chassis component functions
o Seeking experience with air/fuel/brake/wheel/tire systems
- Understand vehicle design, testing and certification process
- Experience using Solid Works and/or AutoCad Design Software
- ANSI-Y14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets
This job description is intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description is not intended to be all - inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility. The Shyft Group reserves the right to change or assign to this position as required.
The Shyft Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, Veteran status or disability.