Basic Job Functions:
Experience and Education:
- Support development engineering experiments to optimize processes.
- Plan, organize, and execute engineering experiment execution
- Summarize experimental data and present it in a clear concise format.
- Track and disposition non production product.
Basic Job Functions:
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline or similar technical discipline, with 2 years of technical work experience as an Engineer or 2 years as a Development Engineer Technician II or III with First Solar.
- Master Degree or PhD in an engineering discipline without experience.
- Field of Study: Chemical Engineering or Material Science preferred
Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
Develop and maintain process control plans
Develop/design first of kind equipment.
Capable of working with outside vendors.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Maintain effective communication with R&D, Development, Global Supply and Manufacturing Groups
Basic program management skills.
Ability to work cross functionally.
Willing to travel within and outside of US.
Ability to lead/direct technicians.
Familiar with JMP or other statistical software.
General electrical knowledge.
Ability to present results in a concise manner to peers and managers.
Develop first of kind equipment and experimental prototypes.
Ability to run experiments on both production and pilot lines.
Additional Job Description:
Group is responsible equipment design and process development for all surface preparations steps throughout the manufacturing line. Position will involve wet chemistry cleaning, wet chemistry modification of the semiconductor surface, plasma cleans/surface modification and thin film applications via roll coating. Experience with plasma and high voltage systems a plus.
Hybrid Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
- Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.