There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, well…you know.
Join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
What does this role look like?
Responsible for reviewing detail design drawings, conducting installations and inspections of the AEGIS DDG-51 Class Ship combat system spaces, equipment and related support systems e.g., deminerialized cooling water, chilled water, sea water, electronic dry air, PAO, 60 Hz, 400Hz, etc. Will provide liaison with the Ship Integration and Test engineering and program personnel to facilitate Technical Data Package product development delivery to IWS 1SI and PMS400D. Will provide combat system space design liaison assistance/resolution to Bath Iron Works Lead Yard Services Detail Design, Planning Yard Design and Field Engineering Groups related to combat system equipment/support systems design, maintenance and operational requirements. Will conduct inspections of combat support spaces and equipment during ship production and equipment installation to identify problems and recommend solutions. Will witness the shipboard load-outs of combat support systems equipment. Will provide support to the AEGIS Test Team in support system areas. May participate in Sea Trial activities such as Pre-Trial Assessments, Trial Card writing, act as a counterpart with NAVY Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV), conduct Trial Card screening, testing and open/inspections of equipment. May be called up to witness tests as the Government Representative.
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
- Must be familiar with shipboard operations, and procedures. Will maintain daily local customer communications and relations
- Applicant must have proven experience with either AEGIS Guided Missile Cruiser, and/or AEGIS Destroyer shipboard installations
- Position will require shift work, possible brief at-sea periods and possible 2 month TDY Assignments, then occasional travel supporting fleet emergent requirements. Travel may be required to USN waterfront domestic and international locations
- The position will require working flex hours, OT, and on occasion weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a diverse corporate/cultural team environment is required
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance (Secret), which requires U.S. Citizenship
- Will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
- Possess strong personal computing skills to include experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be physically able to climb vertical and inclined ladders in a ship production environment
- Should be familiar with AEGIS combat system equipment installation and design requirements
- Combat System Installation and Engineering work skill set
- Must be a team player
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written, with good technical writing skill set
- Good troubleshooting ability, good customer service skills and good decision making
- Applicant may have experience with either AEGIS Guided Missile Cruiser, and/or AEGIS Destroyer shipboard installations
- Shipboard Design and installation experience with ATT and AMT is a plus
- Familiarity with equipment receipt inspection, and modification Quality Assurance requirements, processes, and documentation
- Familiarity with AEGIS combat system equipment installation and design requirements
- Ability to participate in Sea Trial activities such as Pre-Trial Assessments, Trial Card writing, act as a counterpart with NAVY Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV), conduct Trial Card screening, testing and open/inspections of equipment
- May be called up to witness tests as the Government Representative
- Ability to travel to USN waterfront domestic and international locations
- Candidate should possess strong personal computing skills to include experience with Microsoft Office applications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.