**For Enlistment Purposes Only**
A carpentry and masonry specialist is responsible for general heavy carpentry and masonry duties.
- * Construct and maintain rigging devices, trusses and other structural assemblies
- * Assist in building layout, framing, sheathing, fabrication and roofing structures
- * Perform basic carpentry and masonry skills
- * Assist in the performance of combat engineer missions
- * Construct concrete form work for slabs, walls and columns
Job training for a concrete and masonry specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field with on-the-job instructions.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basics in concrete technology, materials, proportioning and control tests
- Proper use of finishing tools
- Placing, consolidation and finishing
- Edging, jointing, curing and protection
- Basics in structure foaming, roofing and flooring
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 card holder.
- Must be between the age of 17-34,
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass drug screen.
- No felony
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement