Required Travel :
Managerial - No
:USA- Plano (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company comprises amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base.
Maintains ownership of the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, identifying bugs, tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction.
What will your job look like?
- Provide engineering expertise to fix, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations, to ensure that the product/solution performs within efficient design specifications.
- Investigate, debug and reproduce issues, provide fixes and workarounds, and verify changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution.
- Analyze production issues from the business and application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions.
- Technical focal point with other teams to resolve cross product/solution issues.
- Ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provide technical support and mentorship in problem resolution for complex issues.
- Bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, various innovations and techniques and the reuse of existing solutions.
- Contribute to meeting various SLA’s and critical metrics to guarantee that tasks are completed on time and the delivery timelines meet the quality targets of the organization.
- Partner with internal/external customers to improve the understanding of customer problems and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
- To take ownership to researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve issues.
- Develop automated scripts to minimize the manual monitoring / handling of production system
- Track the reported issues and provide periodical reports for customer as well as internal management teams.
All you need is...
Why you will love this job:
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Required knowledge in C++, Java, SQL & Unix
- Production support work experience is preferable
- Proficiency in Linux commands and Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of Linux Server platform
- Have foundational knowledge of cloud services such as Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Telecom Domain – advantage
- Amdocs is dedicated to your success as a technology professional.
- This is an opportunity to be an instrumental member of an industry leader and work with our industry's most sophisticated technologies.
- You will gain valuable experience and wide knowledge of Software integrative systems.
- You will be exposed to advanced market technologies.
- You will work with multiple channels and diverse areas of expertise.
- You will be exposed to the latest training in the industry both internally and externally.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever-growing opportunities for personal growth.
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people our passionate, daring, and phenomenal teammates that stand by each other with a dedication to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace.
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce