Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of motivated, highly qualified individuals who are committed to the success of each and every project. The employee owners at Rieth-Riley proudly remain dedicated to moving forward. It's the way we think, the way we act — the way we approach every asphalt, concrete, bridge, and all construction projects. We are a 100% employee owned company. So, we truly think like owners and take personal pride and care in every project we construct. We offer full time paid internships.
Assist and support the project manager with on-site administrative tasks, operations, and technical aspects of projects including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with surveying, testing, sample collection, drawing correction and filing
- Assist with report preparation, safety inspections, submittal logging and processing
- Assist with time keeping and cost control, inventory control, schedule checking and subcontractor monitoring
- Assist with the preparation of quantity take-offs - calling vendors and subcontractors for proposals
- Attend bid openings, conferences, etc.
- Assist with the checking of drawings and specifications or completeness, accuracy or discrepancies
- Assist with planning and scheduling
- Assist with the processing of change orders, extra work orders and preparing requests for progress payments
- Assist with the arranging of utility services
- Preparing charts and formal reports
- Assist with density testing and core sample collection
- Assist with quality control calculations and measurements
- Assist with the supervision of punch-list activities
- Assist with the obtaining of permits and licenses, checking zoning and code requirements
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and or Construction Management preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be quick to adapt and able to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Internship