Bardavon Health Innovations is a lot of things… we are a next generation specialty network, we are an innovative data and analytics solution provider, we are a platform to connect the services and communication of all the people that interface with a company’s healthcare claims, and we are redefining the way “value” is assessed in this new era of employee healthcare management.
”...and yet words are not deeds.” What does this mean around Bardavon? It’s an emphasis of who we are, that we take action instead of just saying we will take action. Yet it is so much more because we strive to get everyone involved to take action too. That is what Bardavon is doing with the continuum of care for injured employees. We are creating more than just the tasks to get the job done, we are fundamentally changing the “lifestyle” you create with an injured employee.
At Bardavon we are dreamers, we are driven, we are idealistic, we are committed, we are optimistic, we are irreverent about the status quo, and we are confident about our ability to change healthcare. Sound like a group you’d work well in? Then join us on our mission to promote our culture of transparency in revolutionizing the employee continuum of care through innovative, outcome-driven solutions.
Bardavon Health Innovations has an opportunity for a Data Architect to join our team!
We are seeking a dynamic Data Architect to analyze, prepare, and process complex datasets into insights for our internal and external clients. This role will be responsible for defining, driving and evangelizing the vision and strategies necessary to create and mature Bardavon’s Data Management & Analytics capabilities. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the use of standards and procedures.
The Data Architect role has responsibility for analyzing complex datasets, designing data models, and establishing architectures for use by:
- Business Analysts who are defining and producing operational reporting
- Data Scientists & Analysts who are creating transformative data products for our clients
- Developers who are designing and building healthcare applications for our provider partnersA strong candidate for this role is someone with curiosity and aptitude for business outcomes, with a deep understanding of data architecture, processes, tools, and platforms to enable those outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the database and data warehousing system vision and strategy of the organization; leads the development, implementation, communication, and promotion of strategic and tactical plans for all data related systems. Research and participates in beta testing of new systems and technologies to better evaluate their suitability to the Bardavon environment
- Evaluate proposed data system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance; develop plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of assigned data systems
- Integrate system components, subsystems, facilities, and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with IT resources to ensure a positive impact; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of system components as needed for database solutions; improve integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; participates as team member in cross-system projects
- Participates in the development of standards, design, and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems; perform research and testing to verify impact and advisability of system installations; assist in development vendor support relationships
- Engage in hands on development when needed to help database developers get solutions across the line on time and on budget
- Task and assign daily work to database developers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related discipline, or 10+ years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years of designing and implementing scalable and secure enterprise level data solutions
- Experience in one or more Data Modeling and Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience in Data Mining using R, SAS, or other analytics software
- Knowledge of a data lake ecosystem, such Hadoop, Spark, MPP databases
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud data analytics services
- Health care experience a plus
Bardavon offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with company match; and generous paid time off.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Visualization: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: