320 South View Drive Suite 200, Bridgeport, WV, United States (US), 26330
Relevant Experience Level:
Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Regular - Full Time
MPLX Gathering and Processing (G&P) is seeking G&P Process Engineers (Chemical). The successful candidates will initially report to the Technical Services Director of G&P Operational Excellence, Tim Price. Candidates will be located at the plant sites providing on-site technical support for plant operations. The salary grade range for this position is 10-13 and will be based on the successful candidate’s experience level.
Some of the roles the successful candidates will be responsible include but are not limited to the following:
- Facility Team Support – Serve as process subject matter expert for the facility. Provide leadership and coaching to facility personnel concerning process operations and economics. Provide troubleshooting of the unit operation. Provide input and information for training and procedure development. Provide economic analysis to the Facility Team. Maintain relationships and make contacts as required with internal technical subject matter experts, external subject matter experts, and vendors. Provide on-site unit support during sensitive process operations and maintenance activities (startup, shutdown, upsets, and shutdown inspections). Participate in scope development reviews with a focus on distillation performance, heat exchange, and material balance.
- Technical PSM Stewardship – Maintain Process Safety Information. Lead and/or participate in P&ID reviews, hazard reviews, and incident investigations. Lead and/or participate in Management of Change, Functional Check-out, and Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews. Define acceptable process operating limits based on process safety, environmental limits, mechanical limits, performance and reliability. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis efforts and strengthen all aspects of the facilities Process Safety Management programs.
- Process Optimization – Work daily with the facility operators and leadership to monitor for abnormalities and inefficiencies and recommend operational changes. Provide analysis, and document process data via monthly reports. Make recommendations to correct deviations in process parameters or product quality. Identify production improvement opportunities versus limits and benchmarked levels of optimization. Perform test runs and de-bottleneck to increase unit rates. Develop and maintain unit process simulation models and run the models at the plant level
- Project Process Leadership - Provide process support in developing conceptual projects with design basis information. Initiate, define, plan, and support execution of projects to de-bottleneck units in assigned area. Issue recommendations outlining project ideas and benefits. Specify process design and operating conditions/requirements for new, modified, or revamped equipment and instrumentation.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering required.
- Four or more years of plant or process support or design experience is preferred.
- Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office products and process simulation software
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's second-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.9 million barrels per calendar day in its six-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,600 independently owned retail outlets across 20 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Primarily through MPLX, MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude oil and light product pipelines. Also through MPLX, MPC has ownership interests in gathering and processing facilities with approximately 5.9 billion cubic feet per day of gathering capacity, 8.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas processing capacity and 610,000 barrels per day of fractionation capacity.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Up to 25%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.