- Power BI
- Microsoft Excel
- Data warehouse
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- AD&D insurance
- Paid time off
The Business Intelligence Developer provides technical expertise and development support for enterprise systems level programs and applications, and interfaces with customers on requirements. The BI Developer participates in all phases of the BI development lifecycle and as a project lead, has responsibility for the overall requirements gathering, design, development, ETL processes, and access mechanisms, following standard process and practice. Responsible for production support and maintenance of the reporting artifacts they produce. Responsible for working within the team on system performance optimization, governance and interoperability. Specifically the position is responsible for query development, data extract and summarization routines, for preparation of all associated documentation, and for facilitating end-user testing, validation and training throughout the BI development lifecycle. This position will also have duties related to mentoring student employees participating in the team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Report/Visualization Development, Expertise and Training: In collaboration with the BI team this position is responsible for developing a deep understanding of the Reporting tools available in the UVU Landscape and facilitating the implementation of UVU BI Standards for security, industry best practices for design and user-experience. Responsible for tier 2/3 support on front-end reporting / development tools, best practices and user training
2. Development in UVU BI Landscape: As a member of the BI Team, this individual will be responsible for providing data-layer to front-end delivery. Success in this role will require the candidate to be familiar with SQL development necessary to gather and structure information in the database to ensure consistent, reproducible, scalable deliver through the Front-end reporting tools (Tableau, Argos, Cognos, Power BI, SSRS, etc.). This person will also be expected to participate in the creation, deployment and realization of UVU’s next-generation BI Infrastructure (on-prem/cloud/hybrid)
3. Personal and Professional Development: develop and provide subject matter expertise to the BI Team on existing tools, vendor roadmaps and existing unmet needs within the UVU reporting landscape – Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities. Learning is focused on things needed to complete tasks and solve current problems. Evaluate & Recommend reporting applications for the BI Teams evaluation of future tools and reporting needs.
4. Requirements gathering, customer verification, delivery, request validation: Ensure data definitions accommodate customer expectations and relevant documentation around report definitions, customer use-case, and definitions are cataloged appropriate and available in the UVU BI Data Dictionary and Data Catalog
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in computer technology, computer science, engineering or related discipline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proven knowledge of databases, data mining, and data warehousing systems, domain driven design.
PLSQL, Tableau, PowerBI, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon RedShift, ETL, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Pentaho Data Integrator, APIs, JSON, Excel, PowerPoint, Asuze SQL Database
Demonstrated ability to administering enterprise level services including version control systems, relational databases, web servers, APIs, and other complex systems
Effective written and oral communication skills, documentation and collaboration with those supporting and using complex applications and systems
Ability to manage competing priorities with limited direct management.
Ability to organize and plan effectively in a maturing agile environment.
Proven problem solving skills
Proven visual, oral and virtual presentation skills
Demonstrated knowledge of databases, data mining, data warehouse systems and visual presentation of data
Experience in a variety of BI environments and experience with industry standard BI tools
Experience with a variety of data sources (Amazon RedShift, exposure to dashboards, OLAP and data mining tools, SQL, Oracle, Flat files, JSON, Excel, etc.)
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.