Villas of Holly Brook and Reflections Memory Care is a leading operator of assisted living, and memory care communities in 16 locations in Illinois and Indiana. We are the residence of choice for more than 600 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 800 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Responsible for maintenance and preventative maintenance efforts for an assigned community including the physical aspects of the building’s HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, major appliances and amenities, including the management of appropriate outside vendors and contractors. Ensure efforts meet Company’s operational and safety standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all maintenance.
- Implements and monitors programs to maximize revenue, control expense, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manages all of the maintenance needs of assigned community to ensure the physical condition of the community and contribute to Company annual business goals.
- Manages all customer service requests using a work order system; including prioritization and delegation to assigned staff. Maintain company customer service standards. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Manages the apartment home turnover and preventative maintenance programs to maximize the value to the community. Assesses the value of damage to the apartment homes that is charged to departing resident.
- Assists in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget and manages department expenditures within approved budget.
- Purchases parts, chemicals, and paint according to our requirements for national account spending.
- Inspects grounds, buildings and rooms on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times.
- Negotiates with external maintenance vendors and suppliers as needed. Monitors and enforces contract terms via communication with the Executive Director.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- May drive company vehicle from community (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years of multi-family property management or other building maintenance experience performing the duties of Maintenance Technician.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals for the community.
- Basic computer skills, ability to using Microsoft Office and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, extractors, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sandblasters and safety equipment and ability to train others in their safe and appropriate use.
- Ability to frequently transport up to 60 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use required equipment and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of 8-9 feet.
- Understands Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Understands SDS Sheets.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Company motor vehicle policy standards.
- Must pass background check and drug screen
Provided for full time staff
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off for staff regularly scheduled at least 24 hours per week
- Life Insurance paid by company
Villas of Holly Brook and Reflections Memory Care is an equal opportunity employer. Villas of Holly Brook and Reflections Memory Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Villas of Holly Brook and Reflections Memory Care also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
Facilities Manager, Facilities Director, Chief engineer, Maintenance Director, Director of Engineering, Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Director, Facilities Manager, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Coordinator, Property Technician, Maintenance Manager, Director of Engineering, Residential, Community, Property, Budget, Building Manager, Community Maintenance, Apartment, Apartments, Residential Maintenance, Country club, Hotel, Resort, Retirement, Assisted Living, Senior Living, Move-ins, Move-outs, Residence, Electrical, Hvac, Plumbing, Work orders, Service orders, Hands-on, Renovate, Housekeeping, Budget, Paint, Repair, Drywall, Air conditioning, Environmental Services