Summit Technical Solutions (STS)is seeking a Senior Environmental Management Engineer to be responsible for ensuring all contracted personnel adhere to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Executive Orders, and Department of Defense and Navy policies. Senior Engineer (EMS) will also report any irregularities or violations to the proper governing bodies as well as educate contracted personnel on all environmental tasks, techniques and procedures to include in some cases certification. The work location for this position is Dahlgren, VA.
The position duties include the proper implementation of environmental standards that have been issued by the United States government from the Federal level to local ordinances as well as supervision of all contracted individuals. Senior Engineer (EMS) will provide regulatory agencies all information and will assist in all implementation of standards and investigations that may arise.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure program is in compliance with all regulations cited by the United States government, following all environmental permits and applicable federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations
- Assists regulatory agencies to include but not limited to providing information as required
- Participate as part of a team to provide engineering and ensure team adheres to all standards
- Provide technical support during the planning of specific test programs.
- Attend test coordination meetings, provide technical inputs, and maintain a record of action items assigned.
- Technically review test plans and procedures prepared by others and provide technical recommendations.
- Ensure contracted personnel complete NSWCDD Environmental Awareness Training (EAT) and have read the NSWCDD Environmental Policy Statement within 30 days of commencing contract performance.
Qualified candidates will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Secret clearance is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental Management System planning and execution as well as internal program evaluation and assessments is required.
What makes STS great? STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize that our customers’ high regard for our consistently high performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan, with immediate eligibility for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching contributions!
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our workforce
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports “paying it forward” with involvement in several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the employee’s community
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of employment!
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for qualifying employees
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans whom we regard as one of our Nation’s greatest resources. Today, you will find Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their service to our country by supporting our government contracts and customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty, and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our appreciation.
We are an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental Management System: 5 years (Required)
- Secret Clearance (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts