Altair is seeking a Project Engineer for with Diesel Calibration experience. The Project Engineer, Diesel Calibration will execute diesel combustion research and development projects in the commercial engine development group. This group is responsible for internal and customer projects ranging from Medium Duty, Heavy Duty, Industrial and Large Engines for locomotive, marine, power generation and other applications.
Required experience and expertise:
- BSME Minimum, Master's or Ph.D. preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in diesel engine calibration
- Strong knowledge in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and internal combustion engines
- Strong knowledge of diesel combustion process
- Strong knowledge of diesel aftertreatment systems
- Experience using commercially available calibration tools (INCA, etc.)
- Experience with GT-Power / GT-Suite a plus
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated focus on quality and timeliness
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)