Penske Truck Leasing, an industry leading transportation company, is currently expanding IT operations into the Tampa Market. We are looking for qualified developers and software engineers to build and support next generation applications. Our teams have been working with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We are fast moving and growing our efforts across many different technologies consisting of a collaborative project team environment that allows you the opportunity to display your skills and learn from others. Our MIS department is a lab-like environment, and our developers have been building web and mobile applications that integrate with Big Data and Cloud platforms- to provide our customers with real time information on their fleet management and driver performance. This team is being built from the ground up, and will have an immediate, visible impact to our organization.
A Penske Senior Programmer Analyst develops and maintains computer applications for end user groups. Analyze performance of applications, and troubleshoot problems. Involved in the coding, testing and documentation of the proposed solution.
- Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
- Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers
- Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
- Involved in analyzing system/software performance
- Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
- Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- 5-7 years of functional experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- 3-5 years of experience and full fluency & knowledge in these systems, programming languages, tools and technologies:
- Web Architecture experience
- Java/J2EE preferably on a web application server like Websphere
- Web/Restful services and creating API’s
- Spring Framework and Design Patterns, iBatis
- JSON, XML, AJAX
- GIT, Bitbucket/Stash, Bamboo, ANT, JIRA, Confluence
- SQL, ORACLE, DB2 (AS400/iSeries)
- Exposure to Mobile development, either native or mobile web development
- SEO and web metrics(ex. Google Analytics)
- Windows, MAC(if applicable), MS Office
- Development methodologies including Agile/Kanban
- Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required
- Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques required
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Strong time management skills required
- Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.