Job Title: Project Engineer
At Emerio, we are building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. With a culture that embraces these values and a diverse team already in place, we aspire to create opportunities for women and people of color at all levels of our company. We are looking for team members who embrace these values and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Location: Beaverton Office for training period then Temporary Telework due to Covid-19 Policy in place.
Summary: Project level engineering to include, but not limited to, roadway/highway and/or site design, grading, storm water, and parking lot design. Requires advanced knowledge of Civil3D and/or MicroStation and InRoads to complete the above. Must also possess good writing and communication skills, knowledge of Federal, state, and local agency standards and specifications and be able to perform the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Possesses ability to prepare and supervise staff in the preparation of project related design documents, including an entire plan, specification, and estimate package for bidding and construction.\*
2. Provide engineer’s certification (i.e. stamp and signature) of bidding and construction documentation and professional reports and calculations prepared under his/her supervision.\*
3. Communicate effectively with others.\*
4. Coordinate effectively with agencies.\*
5. Use Civil3D and/or MicroStation and InRoads.
6. Proficient in Word and Excel.\*
7. Able to market and attract new clients and/or project contracts.
8. Learns how to budget time and also to track projects’ scope, schedule and budget.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; spreadsheet software; design software (i.e. Civil3D and/or MicroStation and InRoads); internet software; and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver's License and must possesses a professional engineering license certified by the State of Oregon and must be in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Engineering Examiners and Licensees (OSBEELS).
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
After the Introductory Period of 90 days, in addition to the salary, Emerio Design, LLC would be pleased to offer:
· Vacation – 2 weeks (Paid Time Off – includes Sick Leave)
· Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday
· Individual Health Insurance Coverage - (eligible first day of the month following 30 days of employment)
· Eligible for optional FSA
· 401K Enrollment – eligible the first day of the month following 90 days and per Plan Documents (includes employer discretionary contribution – typically 3% of eligible compensation)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Eligible for optional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Individual Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
· Eligible for optional enrollment in AFLAC Insurance
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $63,356.00 - $84,006.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Temporary COVID Telework Policy in place
Work Location: One location