EEG Algorithm Software Engineer
Reports to VP, R&D
PainQx is an AI-powered digital device company that is developing a transformative method to objectively measure pain. The PainQx platform achieves this by assessing neural activity using EEG from a patient’s brain and processing and decoding the data through proprietary algorithms. The output is a pain biomarker that correlates to a patient’s pain state.
- Position can be virtual, with preference for East Coast USA (New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Cincinnati)
- MUST have strong experience with Python
- MUST have experience in Machine Learning
- MUST have experience with Medical Device Field
- Develops specific data processing modules such as EEG feature extraction software (EEG feature extraction is the mathematical processing of EEG waveform data to determine signal power, coherence, etc.)
- Develops algorithms for pain classification using statistical analysis of clinical data and the application of machine learning methodologies
- Drive software architecture and software development tool selection decisions.
- May be assigned software development tasks related to data transfer between signal processing components, database interactions, and interactions with the user (Graphical User Interface components)
- Works in close cooperation with the PainQx Signal Processing & Algorithm Development Engineers, and other members of the technical team
- Works in compliance with PainQx Design Control and Quality Management procedures. May be asked to help develop specific procedures
- Provides clear, frequent written and oral communication with other members of the PainQx Team
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field preferred.
- High aptitude in computer science techniques with a focus on modern programming tasks (scripting, ML tools, cloud integration) and a strong foundation in algorithm development, data structures, and data security.
- Experience with medical device, signal processing, and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge Software as a Service (SaaS) product deployment strongly desired.
- Experience with applications of quantitative electrophysiology is desired, with exposure to specific neurological conditions being a plus.
- Experience in database integration and graphical user interface integration is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely with minimal day to day technical direction.
- Operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented culture.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative