The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the identification, analysis, development, and implementation of maintenance strategies that will minimize waste, maximize output, and minimize cost. The Reliability Engineer will apply sound reliability excellence and engineering principles to drive continuous improvement, determine root causes, and solve problems.
The Reliability Engineer will support all policies, goals, and objectives of the company while representing the company knowledgeably and professionally.
Essential Job Functions
- Relentlessly pursues being a better-version-of-themselves.
- Utilizes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) maintenance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Leverages systems to drive behaviors. Identifies the system (or lack of a system) that is creating unwanted behaviors and re-engineers (or engineers) the system.
- Steadfastly pursues root cause. Utilizes Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Works to resolve the bad actors list; provides information on failures, root causes, and suggests potential maintenance strategy changes to ultimately prevent future occurrences.
- Supports the Equipment Maintenance Plan (EMP); drives continuous, data-driven, best-in-class improvements.
- Performs Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA). Develops process improvements to predict or prevent future failures.
- Drives effective change through the Management Of Change (MOC) process.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental programs and regulations.
- Regularly communicates progress to the Maintenance Manager.
- Power-user of the CMMS. Utilizes CMMS for work orders, procurement, inventory management, and data analysis.
- Creates new or modifies existing predictive, preventive, and routine repair maintenance programs and procedures.
- Champions the sharing of best practices, root cause solutions, and procedural changes.
- Advocates reliability excellence, building and supporting a proactive (vs. reactive) culture.
- Supports and promotes a positive and cooperative team environment that fosters creative problem solving and shared learning.
- Provides back-up for other department personnel as needed.
- Completes tasks assigned by the Maintenance Manager along with other duties not listed herein, but which need to be accomplished to maintain safe and productive day-to-day operations within the plant.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and company matters.
- Ensures all local, state, and federal regulations are being met at all times.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher (from an accredited school) in the Engineering field.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher (from an accredited school) in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 3 years of maintenance operations experience in a large scale industrial continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Ethanol manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with maintenance procedures for processing equipment such as evaporators, heat exchangers, centrifuges, drying equipment, boilers, cooling towers, chiller, air compressors, pumps, valves, electrical circuits, and instrumentation preferred.
- CMRP or other relevant certifications are preferred.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- The right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Knowledge and experience in reliability engineering principles.
- Detail-oriented with strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Experience with equipment maintenance plan (EMP) and FMEA.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people and communicate information to obtain positive results.
- Strong continuous improvement mentality.
- Strong knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance processes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- CMMS experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations for construction and manufacturing.
- This position requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, seeing, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to work around and on industrial equipment.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders up to 200 feet.
- Ability to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to enter confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be willing to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection.
- Ability to differentiate between colors and shades of color on a computer monitor.
- Ability to communicate by using and hearing a 2-way radio system.
- Ability to respond to and support emergency issues on a 24/7 basis and work outside of normally scheduled hours as needed.
- Full Benefits – Health, dental, and vision Insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance, disability coverage, generous PTO program, paid holidays, and annual bonus program.
Please click on the button below to submit your resume and cover letter.
E Energy Adams, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment testing is required for all positions.
The Reliability Engineer must be able to perform primary job functions satisfactorily with, or without, reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. If accommodations are needed by an applicant or employee to perform the essential job functions, please advise Human Resources in writing as to the accommodations requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 - $88,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- maintenance operations: 3 years (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible