THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for this role is a problem solver with strong programming skills, a strong work ethic, and a strong grasp of technical iOS knowledge. As an iOS Developer, you will need to learn the company's iOS code-base and iOS development processes quickly, and then use your skills and abilities to implement and enhance features and products in our family of iOS apps. This is an entry-level iOS Developer position, with the ability for you to learn about both iOS development and features, and with the ability to grow into a Senior iOS Developer role over time, depending on your skills, impact, and career aspirations. You will have the opportunity to work alongside other iOS developers, designers, backend developers, and project managers in the company, and be entrusted to learn our iOS code-base and contribute to iOS apps fairly quickly. The ideal candidate is capable of working on multiple iOS projects simultaneously, and to be able to hit the ground running.
The company consists of a group of engineers and designers who like challenging problems, who like learning new technologies, who embrace rapid prototyping and innovation, and who enjoy being pioneers in launching innovative products and experiences that are firsts in the sports industry. The company designs and develops:
- The official mobile applications for 180 professional sports teams and leagues, including the La Liga league app, the National Rugby League app (Australia), the apps of 24 NFL clubs (USA), the apps of 22 NBA teams (USA), the apps of 21 La Liga clubs (Spanish soccer), the apps of 18 AFL clubs (Australia), and the apps of New Zealand cricket and New Zealand Rugby, and more.
- Mobile food-and-beverage ordering solutions for fans to order food for delivery or pickup, from their mobile devices, right from their seats at a stadium.
- Interactive maps and turn-by-turn directions, to enable fans to find their way inside stadiums.
- Augmented-reality experiences, to enable fans to unlock unique content and features by scanning unique markers created by sports teams.
- Interactive free-to-play games, to enable fans to compete against each other in their knowledge of the team, and in their ability to predict the outcomes of plays.
- IPTV platforms, such as those at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta Falcons/United), the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse (Cleveland Cavaliers), the Banc of California Stadium (LAFC), and Kyle Field (Texas A&M).
As an iOS Developer,
- You will be working to develop and prototype native iOS apps and iOS features for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV for the official mobile apps of sports teams and leagues.
- You will participate in the complete app life-cycle, including concept, requirements, design, build, deploy, test, and release to the App Store.
- You will work closely with the UI/UX and Backend teams in implementing various iOS features in our apps.
- You will work with Product Owners on new product ideas, designs, and prototypes for sports teams and leagues.
- You will be responsible for writing high-quality code and using good programming practices in implementing various features and products.
- You may be interfacing with our clients to discuss and refine product requirements, and to solicit clarifications and answer questions related to the iOS features and apps you are developing.
- In your job application, please share the details of a recent iOS project that you were involved, preferably one that is published currently in the App Store.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Portfolio of published apps in the iTunes App Store. Please provide links to published iOS apps in the App Store, as a part of your job application. Please also indicate which portions of these iOS apps you were involved in developing.
- Expertise in building iOS applications using Objective-C.
- Expertise in building iOS applications using Swift is a plus.
- Familiarity with Apple's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with consuming APIs and interfacing with backend services, including familiarity with JSON, REST and XML.
- Experience with networking, concurrency, design patterns, memory management and debugging in the context of iOS applications.
- Experience implementing third-party libraries and APIs, as needed.
- Experience in translating design mockups into production-quality functioning app interfaces.
- Experience using Git for version control, including branching, merging, and resolving conflicts.
- Strong CS fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, networking, memory management, distributed systems, and relational databases.
- Intellectual curiosity, including a desire to know how things work, to learn how things work, and to contribute to how things work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work under tight timelines.
- Willingness and ability to work the non-traditional hours of the sports industry.
- Ability to work within a team of iOS developers and designers under tight timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Paid time off every year
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Full medical, dental and vision health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Gym membership
- Beverages and snacks
- Paid parking near the office
- Building products for well-known sports teams
AND, FINALLY, WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We will help you build your career and we will support your ambitions. We will help to train you in project management, teach you to draft clear, detailed, and actionable technical requirements, and teach you the innovation process that delivers real-world products into the hands of millions of sports fans around the world. We will help to create visibility for you and your work at our annual conferences (where we present our latest innovations to our clients) during the year, where we will showcase the results of your efforts. Should you choose to transform your career into a different path, we will support your aspirations and career ambitions to help you to grow your entry-level role into a full-time Senior iOS Developer role and/or a full-time Product Manager role with us, over time, by giving you the opportunity to acquire the skills, and by providing you with the mentoring, feedback, and training needed to grow into that role with us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pittsburgh, PA (Required)
- When are you available to start the job, if we made you an offer?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave