AVX is a leader in the global passive electronic component and interconnect products industry at the forefront of technology, design, manufacturing and supply. AVX enjoys significant competitive advantages, including the benefit of global manufacturing and distribution provided by 22 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries.
Career Opportunity Now Available for:
The Quality Engineer II works with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams to improve quality, and is responsible for a variety of quality functions including but not limited to managing incoming inspection, supporting the plant quality system and investigating nonconformances. This position may also include direct interaction with production employees, customers, suppliers, and personnel from other KYOCERA AVX factories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and understand how the manufacturing processes can affect the essential physical and electrical characteristics for product lines within the facility and apply that knowledge effectively.
- Manage Incoming Inspection of Raw Materials and Tooling.
- Improve systems for sample submission, data collection, reporting and storage of test results.
- Support the plant Quality Management System and compliance to ISO 9001 and MIL-STD-790 through process and product internal audits, and supplier audits as requested.
- Investigate manufacturing and customer nonconformances through root cause analysis, effectively develop and implement corrective actions to resolve nonconformances and follow-up, and formulate responses to customer complaints.
- Improve quality performance using process controls (SPC), product inspection, data analysis, FMEA, and problem solving quality tools such as root cause analysis (Fishbone, 5 Why, Is/Is Not), 8D reports, and MSA (gage R&R).
- Oversee and maintain all quality functions related to quality data packets and First Article Inspections, including review of customer drawings.
- Travel to other KYOCERA AVX locations, suppliers and customers as needed.
- Develop/revise specifications for processes/products.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned within the scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with three (3) to six (6) years of experience or a Master’s degree in Engineering with two (2) to four (4) years of experience. Electronics, Ceramics or Materials Engineering is preferred.
- Quality Engineering experience in the electronics industry, preferably with a high technology manufacturing company is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiar with quality tools such as statistical process control, gage R&R, Root Cause Analysis (5-Why, Ishikawa Diagrams, Fault Tree), and 8D reports.
- Ability to learn and understand the manufacturing processes for all product lines within the facility.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required, or if a non-US Person, the ability to obtain an export license approved by the U.S. Department of State.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
AVX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time