Wight & Company, an award-winning Architecture, Engineering and Construction Management firm, is seeking a Transportation Roadway Engineer in our Chicago location! Are you an energetic and entrepreneurial professional with excellent people skills? Then we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Wight’s work environment requires dedication, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical thinking, and desire for continual learning focused on anticipating the needs of clients.
· Independently manage and design Phase I transportation projects
· Organize and maintain project files
· Support the preparation of transportation design plans, profiles and geometric layout designs
· Prepare plans, special provisions and estimates
· Collaborate with a multi-discipline team and with clients to assess and solve challenging transportation issues
· Assess existing and future conditions and develop planning level alternatives to address specific problems and needs
· Evaluate effectiveness of alternatives based on impacts, costs, benefits and other evaluation criteria and make recommendations accordingly
· 10+ years’ experience in Roadway Engineering
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and Illinois P.E. required
· Experience working with state, county and local transportation agencies in Illinois on Phase I planning (NEPA)
· Experience managing and designing Phase II (final design) projects is a plus
· Experience working on transit, multi-use trails and/or bike lanes projects is a plus
· Strong existing relationships with transportation clients required
· Experience managing Phase I transportation projects processed as Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and/or Environmental Impact Statements
· Proficiency in MicroStation, Geopak, Microsoft Office Suite, HCS 2010 required; Synchro, ArcGIS and other traffic modeling software knowledge a plus
· Broad transportation and physical planning experience is preferred; inclusive off transit, highway, land use, bicycle and pedestrian, long range and economic planning projects
· Strong technical writing skills required
Wight & Company offers excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. For more information about our company, visit our website at www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
We follow all CDC and State of Illinois guidelines and requirements
- Professional Engineer (Required)