Data Networks has been simplifying enterprise IT since 1983. We are a leading IT solutions provider located in Hunt Valley, Maryland focusing on Education (K-12; Higher-Education), State and Local Government, Healthcare, and Commercial customers. We hold significant contracts throughout the region and work with a broad range of leading manufacturers to provide single-source simplicity. Our comprehensive solutions include products and professional services in the areas of client computing, data center, networking, cyber-security, cloud services and managed IT services.
Data Networks has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Microsoft Engineer to join our Professional Services team in Maryland. This role will work on enterprise level projects including on-site implementation, integration, Azure Cloud services, Microsoft stack implementations, deployment and troubleshooting of Enterprise class storage, converged and hyperconverged virtualization, backup and recovery systems (BRS) solutions to major accounts. The Senior Microsoft Engineer will also lead and participate in the development of technical strategies, architectures, and delivery processes for professional services with a focus around Microsoft solutions.
We are looking for a candidate that is excited to help our team fulfill our purpose: enabling organizations and the lives they touch to achieve their full potential by embracing innovative technology. The selected candidate will also share our core values, including Be the Customer, Trust the Team, Find Your Balance, Learn and Grow, and Own It!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize, evaluate, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with customers to resolve sensitive issues; ensure that the ongoing quality of work is top notch, professional and meets the needs of the customer.
- Interface with other members of the team to maintain standards and operating procedures and provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the Company.
- Capability of designing solutions from the ground up to be able to provide design ideas to the Solutions Architect during initial project scoping; provide detailed documentation and procedures for all solutions.
- Provide support services to MSP customers in the areas of Monitoring/Alerting, Active Directory, M365, Windows, VMware, Automation and Security.
- Work with the Director to determine educational and training needs to maintain and enhance individual/company/vendor partnership abilities to maintain and support various technologies and industry certifications; Maintain up-to-date certifications in appropriate technologies.
- Participate in industry forums, tradeshows, and seminars as appropriate; read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures to keep abreast of latest trends in industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- Must have 5-7 years expert working knowledge in two or more of the following:
- Cloud: Azure AD, Information Protection, Intune, Multi-Factor Authentication, Identity Management, M365. Egnyte.
- Server: Windows 2019 Server installation, configuration, and system management experience; Windows 2016; Hands-on experience with older versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Virtualization: Hands-on proficiency with the installation, configuration, implementation of server virtualization technology, including Microsoft Windows 2016/2019 HyperV, Windows Virtual Desktop, Azure AD cloud, VMware vSphere 6/7 and VMware View 7 technologies.
- Industry Certifications (one or more of the below highly desired):
- Dell Certified Systems Engineer
- VMWare VCP certification in vSphere 6.x
- Proactive in managing issues and problems, comfortable with ambiguity; Demonstrated ability to establish strong customer relationships, act as the customer’s trusted technical advisor, while exhibiting a superior consultative approach in both technical and business process decisions. Skilled at tackling unusual and complex challenges, can guide and advise others; demonstrate poise and professionalism.
- Strong technical and business acumen is required. A strong skill set of organization and documentation will also be needed.
- Strong team-focus with a willingness and ability to share knowledge.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel in and around the MD approximately 30% of the time.
- Must successfully complete criminal background check and possess clean driving record.
We offer a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefit plan including generous time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending or HSA, life insurance, 401k, and long-term and short-term disability insurance.
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter, including salary requirement;
- Contact information for three professional references.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Data Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
COVID-19 safety protocols in place, including wearing masks, washing hands, disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, maintaining physical distancing.
- cloud, server, and/or virtualization: 5 years (Preferred)
- certification with Microsoft, Azure, Dell, and/or VMWare? (Preferred)