Position Description: Softronics Ltd. is seeking an experienced Senior RF Electrical Engineer to provide electrical design activities within product lines as well as providing input in product development. The senior electrical engineer develops production-engineered designs that meet customer requirements.
Softronics’ core competence lies in radio products and systems, to include communications, signal intelligence and legacy replacements. More specifically, we are dedicated to fill the hardware market with niche products tailored to specific customer needs, primarily (but not exclusively) US Government customers. Softronics also produces software, primarily embedded control and/or DSP, sold as an accessory to or embedded in our products.
*U.S. Citizenship is required
Major Areas of Responsibility: Accept requirements inputs from business development, refine into electrical requirements for detailed design, design the product with appropriate documentation, and develop a customer performance specification.
- Document and analyze project needs, goals, risks and objectives to ensure design integrity.
- Create circuit and system designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling, and analysis to fulfill given product requirements.
- Experience with high frequency modeling tools (Microwave Office, ADS, etc.)
- Coordinate with software and mechanical design aspects of product/system design per requirements.
- Ensure project conformance with applicable design, quality and safety standards.
- Coordinate with Production Operations to assure a smooth transition to manufacturing.
- Participate in strategic planning as requested by business development.
- Familiar with Autodesk Eagle and/or SolidWorks PCB or equivalent
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years’ relevant experience, preferably working with design and build of radio products and systems
- Design, development and troubleshooting background in RF/microwave communication equipment including general radio transceiver architectures/designs, basic radio functional component blocks, performance specifications, and test methodologies
- Design, integration, and test of digital and analog/RF circuits
- General knowledge of related engineering disciplines including printed wiring board layout, software design techniques, mechanical design and product assembly processes.
- Demonstrated ability to plan project level work and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
- Experience with radio performance and testing standards (military, commercial, FAA)
- Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
- Provide mentoring support to business colleagues
- Able to support occasional travel to domestic and international locations.
- Must possess or be eligible for obtaining and maintaining at least a U.S. DOD Secret Clearance; candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
Softronics engineers design cool stuff. Really cool stuff. We are a unique small business encompassing a very different business model - Put together extremely talented individuals, a creative workplace, experience and innovation – the results are extraordinary.
The employees of Softronics have built a reputation of providing state-of-the-art electronic equipment and radio systems for implementation in both common and unexpected ways. With a casual atmosphere, a well-stocked refrigerator, and flexible work hours, we offer the opportunity to stretch your imagination and skills. If you want to work and play with creative engineering design and integration and see your ideas used in new and unique products, we want to talk to you.
Join the Softronics team- bring innovative ideas from vision to reality.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Required)