About Noria Water Technologies
Noria is optimizing industrial processes through real-time monitoring, advanced spectral imaging, machine learning, and decision-support. Our flagship technology shines a spotlight on hard-to-access membranes in membrane-based desalination plants. Desalination is hailed as a critical solution to water scarcity, but it can be expensive and wasteful. Traditional Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nanofiltration (NF) approaches run often run inefficiently due to a lack of real-time data on the status of the filtration membrane -- wasting water, energy, and chemicals.
Noria Water Technologies' validated, proprietary technology enables early detection of membrane fouling and mineral scaling and optimizes desalination operations. Our real-time, direct membrane monitoring and operator decision support system can be installed across applications (i.e., seawater desalting, wastewater reuse, brackish groundwater, agricultural drainage water, industrial process water for power plants, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, mining, food and beverage, petrochemical, etc.) and the size of the system (i.e., turnkey, pilot, full-scale systems).
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic team member to join Noria's founding team in our next stage of growth! We are a startup company with great traction and a lot of exciting things on the horizon. While of course, any new team member will receive onboarding and support, we do need to hit the ground running. Please make sure to read the job description and requirements thoroughly before applying!
Noria has an opening for a talented, ambitious Technical Sales Engineer to join our technology startup team! You will be working on everything from business and customer development, to sales prospecting through account management, field installations and onboarding, and involvement with marketing as well. You'll be joining a small and dynamic team of individuals working together to innovate and commercialize technologies to advance the efficiency and reach of membrane-based water treatment. Experience with advanced water treatment, desalination, reverse osmosis, and/or membrane technology is a must.
- Working on everything from business and customer development, to sales prospecting through account management, field installations and onboarding, and coordination with marketing
- Develop intimate knowledge of Noria's technology and clearly convey product value to prospective customers
- Identify, engage, and build relationships with target customer key decisionmakers
- Travel domestically around the U.S. and abroad up to 25% time for project installations and site visits
- Travel and perform physical work at industrial environments (industrial/municipal, water/wastewater treatment facilities, desalination plants, power plants, and other heavy industrial environments)
- Work from Los Angeles, CA headquarters initially 2-3 days a week and ultimately 1-2 days per week
- Respond quickly and clearly to customer requests
- Contribute content included for ads, white papers, technical onboarding instructions, etc
- Prepare and present sales quotes, project proposals, sales/product demonstrations, review and negotiate contracts
- Maintain a customer-centric focus
- Monitor competitive products and pricing
- Conduct product training for distributors
- Organize industry conference participation plans and attend trade shows/conferences
- Maintain up-to-date accuracy of the CRM database
- 5-7 years of experience in technical sales in water, industrial automation, membranes, or a related field
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Water Resources, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge and experiences in working with processes and equipment for membrane-based separations and heat exchange
- Outgoing self-starter that thrives on making new connections and relationship building
- Proven record of revenue growth in a technical market
- Technical writing skills (will be asked to provide a writing sample)
- Opportunity for growth and expansion in the position, company shares, benefits, travel
- Enjoys working in the flexible and fast-paced environment of a startup company and is comfortable with reprioritizing and multitasking
- Positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with team members toward mutual success
- Dedication to safe working practices in laboratory and industrial environments
- US work authorization
- Experience with computer software/electrical systems for data acquisition and control (i.e. SCADA for industrial automation)
Compensation commensurate with experience. Base salary + commission. Stock option plan for qualified employees. Please send/attach your resume and references in PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- technical sales: 5 years (Required)
- sales: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule