Toledo Molding & Die (“TMD”), founded in 1955, is a leading North American full service automotive supplier of highly engineered thermoplastic components and assemblies for interiors and air and fluid management systems. The Company is headquartered in Toledo, OH and employs 1,650 people across 10 facilities. Our customers include major OEMs such as Fiat-Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda and Nissan.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Packaging & Industrial Engineer to join our team. This position can either be located in Toledo, OH or Plymouth, MI.
Job Responsibilities of the Packaging & Industrial Engineer:
- Manage the design, development, testing, procurement and validation of automotive (or similar) packaging.
- Review and improve existing packaging designs.
- Works with plants in layout, materials flow and tie studies to determine indirect labor requirements.
- New model/ Current Model packaging:
- - Act as liaison between company and packaging suppliers.
- - Assist in providing packaging quotes
- - Participate in APQP meetings (Kick-off and PPAP)
- - Track and provide packaging timing.
- - Design, develop and test returnable and expendable packaging.
- - Complete and submit packaging forms to customers
- - Assist in system days and fleet size calculations
- - Creation and tracking of Program Appropriations Requests
- - Quote and procure fleets
- Provide Part Packaging Worksheet to plants
- Participate in quarterly expandable packaging reviews at plants
- Maintain a centralized inventory and be gate keeper for containers available in the company
- Assist in budget development for repair and replacement of packaging
- Assist in developing an annual new model launch packaging budget
- Lead cost-save initiatives on packaging and materials flow
- Create and maintain plant layouts using AutoCad 2020
- Develop materials flow analysis to determine capacity and warehouse locations
- Support lean initiatives on the plant floor
Minimum Qualifications Packaging & Industrial Engineer:
- Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Degree required.
- Three (3) years or more experience in a complex Tier 1 or Tier 1 Automotive OEM parts production facility.
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, PackAssistant, Magix
Job Type: Full-time