PW Power Systems LLC (PWPS) is a group company of Mitsubishi Power. PWPS has leveraged the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines and uniquely applied it to complex power system solutions to become a leader in power generation.
PW Power Systems has more than 2,000 industrial gas turbines installed in over 50 countries worldwide and prides itself on being superior in the gas turbine repair and overhaul sector. The
PWPS aero-derivative gas turbine engine portfolio offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power. PW Power Systems is committed to providing high-quality solutions for the distributed energy market that increase energy productivity and reliability and deliver operational savings for its customers.
The Manager of Customer Service Engineering is responsible for leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers that provide daily technical direction and customer problem resolution for aero-derivative gas turbine power plants, both FT8 and FT4000, installed and operating globally around the world. As manager, your responsibilities will include establishing priorities while balancing resources necessary to respond to both short and long-term customer technical needs; including diagnostics and troubleshooting of gas turbine and ancillary equipment field issues as well as repair and maintenance activities at site and at the overhaul shop.
To be a successful candidate, the CSE Manager should be capable of the following:
- Ability to utilize available resources to assess problems, construct analyses, and propose the best solutions; efficiently managing tasks and processes
- Ability to quickly absorb new technical information and apply it effectively
- Capacity to assign and manage multiple tasks and ensure deliverables are completed on time and with a high level of quality; adhere to schedules while meeting internal and external customer demands, thereby creating credibility and trust
- Strong willingness to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues towards common customer goals (short-term and long-term), including sharing resources and information
- Lead the overall coordinated response and closure of requested CSE Task Request (CSETR) inquiries as input by customer support managers, field personnel and/or other internal customers
- Help establish and manage annual budget and engineering support requirements, both internal and external, as defined through existing engineering services agreements
- Support PWPS’ remote monitoring data room and customer reporting activities, included as part of MHPS TOMONI digital solutions for FT8/FT4000 customers.
- Oversee the development and updates to all necessary Technical Publications, including relevant Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, and necessary Service Bulletins (SBs) and Field Action Notices (FANs).
- Assist Aftermarket in the development and preparation of technical review presentations supporting various FT8/FT4000 Users Conferences
- Champion the PWPS Configuration Control Board (CCB) process; a multi-disciplined team responsible for ensuring product integrity for aftermarket engines
- Support repair development activities. Communicate with customer to understand needs and report repair development status.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering field
- 7 to 10+ years of related engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in program and/or project management
- Strong customer advocacy
- Demonstrated technical competence in related disciplines
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- 10% Domestic and International travel
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering related: 7 years (Required)
- Glastonbury, CT 06033 (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19