POSITION SUMMARY FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - PROGRAMMER
Responsible for the overall design of the control systems to operate Reading Bakery Systems’ machinery. Duties include specifying the components and equipment needed to complete the system, programming and interfacing of the equipment, assist/troubleshoot the assembly process and startup/debug of the control system and overall machine. The position also requires implementation of material and cost reduction measures as well as documentation of the operating process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Collaborates with customers and engineers to create electrical designs for new and existing machinery and bakery equipment.
Under the direction of the Manager of the Electrical Design Group, ensures the functionality of the electrical design through manufacture, assembly, installation and start-up, and is responsible for creating bills of materials, and issuing completed design packages to manufacturing and purchasing. Ensures compliance with Reading Bakery Systems design standards for schematic software, detail drawings, material selection, component parts, and system designs.
Interfaces with Reading Bakery Systems sales department, manufacturing, service, as well as customers to support the equipment and engineering efforts.
- Travel onsite to customer locations to implement, maintain, and upgrade software/hardware
- Design and program machine control systems using PLC/HMI solutions
- Simulate, test, and debug machine control systems in house
- Check out and commission systems at the end user facilities
- Create unique customer focused solutions and programs
- Provide continuing system technical support over the phone or on-site
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, and colleagues to solve automation challenges
- Maintain project timelines and budgets
- Produce design documents and specifications
- Size and select equipment including variable frequency drives, servos, power supplies, sensors, switches, motors, and other control devices for machines
- Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience programming PLCs
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Rockwell PLCs
- Siemens experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with servo drives
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized and self-motivated
- AutoCAD experience preferred
A Two - year Associates Degree in an electrical/ technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the electrical field
- A Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering field – preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in control systems design.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents, instructions, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to perform advanced technical math skills including geometry, algebra, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percent, and ratios.
- Demonstrated reasoning ability to solve practical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to measure using precise measuring instruments
- Required to travel domestically and internationally, to interface with customers and vendors.
- Typical environment is a production baking plant with possible exposure to noise, vibration, flammables, electrical shock, hazardous materials, high humidity, and high heats
- Regularly requires appropriate manufacturing environment personal protective equipment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- PLCs: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement