Job Requirements***Must have AWS Cloud experience with Observability, Site Reliability and DevOps CI/CD pipelines. Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder and be local***
The DevOps System Engineer provides services to build, release and deploy applications in a fast-paced application environment. The Engineer will assist in development, performance testing the application and will lead existing build and release processes.
- Builds and deploys Web and Web services applications in lower environments.
- Documents the deployment procedures, set up Maven and Ant scripts for generating builds, coordinate, PPV, troubleshoot issues with the deployments on various environments.
- Configure and set up new environments for testing, includes Jboss, EWS/Apache configuration
- Manages the firewall change requests, new infrastructure requests.
- Configuring monitoring tools such as JON on the servers.
- Monitors application and server status in support of software deployment.
- Assists in diagnosing and solving production issues.
- Coordinates production deployment activities with various partner applications and infrastructure vendor
- Monitors the performance of the application by running performance tests in lower environments
- Troubleshoot performance issues and provide guidance to the off-shore testing team during test planning and test execution phase ·
- Build and maintain the production infrastructure and services.
- Ensure proper security for the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Develop/maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production.
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions. Skill set required:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies (Java/J2EE, HTML)
- Strong Unix skills. Shell scripting is must.
- Working experiences with tools like WinSCP and Putty
- Knowledge on Internet/File protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc.
- Knowledge of SVN, or other major version control tools
- Experience in Ant and Maven build technologies
- Hands on application deployment experience
- Working knowledge of Networking and network topologies such as routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL, able to write complex queries.
- Working knowledge on Apache (Modjk, Load balancers and SSL)
- Working experience with JBoss application server such as setting up the cluster environment.
- Ability to work closely with engineering and infrastructure teams
- Hands on Java coding experience is important
- Experience with continuous Integration tools such as Hudson or Jenkins.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $81.00 /hour
Full Time Opportunity:
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
- Yes: Other non-immigrant work authorization (e.g. L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, etc.)
- Yes: Immigrant visa sponsorship (e.g., green card sponsorship)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply