The Southlake Way
Do you enjoy being an innovative team player? Love solving complex problems while providing professional engineering expertise? Then consider working with a world class team at The City of Southlake! Applications will be accepted through October 8, 2020. Apply directly at www.cityofsouthlakejobs.com.
The City of Southlake is a place where we come together to enrich the quality of life for those who live, work, and play here. We strive to exceed expectations by delivering memorable experiences, world class services, and a thoughtfully planned, well-maintained City. The Southlake Way inspires us to respectfully deliver excellent services, creating positive and lasting impressions.
Keeping employees safe and healthy is one of our biggest priorities at The City of Southlake. New workplace practices have been put in place to protect employees and reduce their exposure to coronavirus. Employees are provided the necessary personal protective equipment gear and are properly trained to ensure optimal safety standards.
What You Will Be Doing
Our professionals are the most important resource in our service commitment to our customers. We nurture a progressive environment where challenging, empowered, and purposeful work is celebrated.
The purpose of this position is to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate the activities and operations of the engineering and construction inspection divisions of Public Works. This is accomplished by providing professional engineering expertise for the City; supervision of assigned divisions and supervisors; implementing goals, policies and priorities; coordinating assigned engineering services and activities with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; attending required meetings including City Council, Planning and Zoning and additional work sessions as needed; and to providing highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Director of Public Works. Learn more about the Deputy Director of Public Works - Civil Engineer position here.
The Benefits of Working Here
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Retirement program (TMRS) with City matching 2:1
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay
- City paid LTD, AD&D, and Life insurance
- Longevity Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Champions Club Membership Discount (resident rate)
- Ongoing training
- City provided certifications
- Employee Assistance Program
What You Bring To Us
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering or similar field is required.
- A Master's degree in Engineering or Public Administration is highly preferred.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience in engineering or closely related field is required.
- Four (4) years of highly responsible managerial experience is required.
- Ability to remain flexible with your schedule.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Certification as a Professional Engineer in the state of Texas.
- You work for the greater good of the City and live the values every day.
- You graciously serve those who live, work, and play here.
- You are a good steward of City resources and are empowered to make decisions aligned with the City's strategy.
- You anticipate customer needs and relentlessly pursue solutions.
- You take pride in your work. It's your community!
- You are warm and sincere and listen with empathy.
- You own the experience and make each moment memorable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Only full-time employees eligible