W2 Contract, On-going Long-term
JOB SUMMARY FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- Actively seeking (1) .NET Software Engineer for a client in Detroit Michigan.
- Software Engineers possess a quality first mindset and are rock stars in coding test automation and driving quality activities. They have a passion for automated testing and implementing amazing quality solutions. A Software Engineer is responsible for creating and/or supporting our applications, and improving application quality and services, by building software solutions, automation, and frameworks to test our products. This individual will also apply a variety of skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve a variety of quality concerns.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- Solve problems by crafting software solutions using maintainable and modular code that you would be proud to show to colleagues (which you will for code reviews)
- We want to hire engineers, not language specialists. Therefore, we’re more focused on where you stand on programming fundamentals, including common data types, design patterns, and data structures; object-oriented design principals; experience with unit testing; modern version control flows; functional programming; and comfort level on the command line
- Participate in daily team standup meetings where you’ll give and receive updates on the current backlog and challenges
- Participate in code reviews
- Write unit, functional, acceptance, and/or user tests
- Challenge your fellow team members to grow and enhance our team with new, diverse talent
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- Focused on where you stand on programming fundamentals, including common data types, design patterns, and data structures; object-oriented design principals; experience with unit testing; modern version control flows; functional programming; and comfort level on the command line
- A willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Bring the fundamentals and we’ll train you on the right tool for the job
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- Involvement with cloud applications, specifically those build on AWS or Azure
- Experience working with containers
- Portfolio and code samples you can share
- Medical, Dental, PTO, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program. Established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- .NET: 5 years (Preferred)
- AWS: 3 years (Preferred)
- REST: 5 years (Preferred)
- React: 5 years (Preferred)
- Angular: 5 years (Preferred)
- PHP: 5 years (Preferred)
- C#: 5 years (Preferred)