Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our Quality department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Manage all quality management tasks in the component preparation areas to prevent production of non-quality semi-products, assure semi-product quality conformance, and to control non-conforming semi-products
- Manage on time handling of audit findings (internal, PPS, QMS certification, OE) in the preparation areas
- Manage quality management budget in the preparation areas
- Ensure quality assurance and inspection policies and procedures are followed throughout the area of responsibility
- Decide on final disposition of off-standard products, in cooperation with QM and PI
- Assure appropriate in-process key quality characteristics are over-inspected at the required frequency and appropriate actions are taken
- Assure plant compliance to ISO/TS 16949, legal, customer, and internal requirements as required in assigned area
- Participate in internal and external audits and support the corrective actions following the audits
- Drive the SPC process in the preparation areas
- Regular report of process capabilities in the preparation areas
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and ensure the quality department budget is appropriately met in area of responsibility
- Responsible for the following processes: Scrap 1 - 4, on time handling of audit findings (Internal, PPS, QMS certification, OE) in the preparation areas, management of quality management budget in the preparation areas
- Must have ISO/TS 16949 and quality management tools experience (SPC, FMEA, 8D, PPAP, MSA, etc.)
- Ensure implementation of measures and maintain controls
- Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in tire manufacturing and/or quality management
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 3-5 years’ experience in automotive manufacturing industry
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
Direkt zur Karriere Website