We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our manufacturing facility located in Columbia, SC.
In this key Engineering role, you will be responsible to effectively manage, direct, and oversee the area of electrical maintenance and/or engineering supporting company goals while ensuring optimum usage of company resources. Success in this position requires the candidate to work effectively in both a collaborative and independent environment, must be safety conscious, and high attention to detail is critical.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical benefits
- 401K matches
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Personal growth and mentorship-oriented environment
- An opportunity where you are valued and your ideas and opinions matter
- Provide hands-on electrical engineering support for the daily operations including troubleshooting and resolving electrical/instrumentation reliability issues.
- Closely work in a team atmosphere with various functional roles in the routine and non-routine repair of instrumentation, analyzers, variable speed drives/controls, and electrical equipment.
- Perform technical review of instrumentation system designs and modifications.
- Implement improvements and reliability initiatives to improve yields, capacity, cost, energy, and safety.
- Provide support to maintain site power distribution infrastructure reliability.
- Provide and actively participate on electrical engineering definitions, specifications, and development for site capital projects.
- Maintain updated equipment files and engineering documentation to ensure records accuracy and update.
- Work independently or as a member of a team to assess, design, train and implement preventive maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM), and continuous reliability improvement modifications, and perform root cause analysis (RCA) on failed equipment.
- Provide electrical engineering support during plant and equipment outages.
- Assist with maintenance training and development activities used to enhance the site’s technical base and core competencies.
- Adhere to procedures that promote safety, health, and welfare for employees and contractors within the facility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Prefer more than 5 years experience as a Plant Electrical/Controls Engineer
- Plant site maintenance and engineering experience for a Petrochemical facility is desired
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s and Drives and MCCs, and AC motors
- Proficient knowledge of instrumentation including temperature, pressure, level transmitters, sensors and communication devices, and interfaces
- Proficient knowledge of various switchgear equipment with voltages up to 13.8kV
- Knowledge of PM/PDM best practices
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team seeking to continuously improve supply chain performance and customer satisfaction
- Results-oriented. Ability to translate key areas and business needs into the right priorities and action
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Software Suite
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) - Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere. The company is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas and Mississippi.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: Multiple Locations