Overview: Join Lincoln Property Company’s growing team of top-notch Engineers whose primary focus is to maintain the integrity of all building systems by operating the building in an efficient manner while performing a variety of tenant services.
The ideal candidates will demonstrate expertise in:
Maintaining the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, supervise work in the field and perform a variety of services in a secured facility.
Responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
- Perform or supervise the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repairing of complex mechanical and electrical equipment
- Reviews and coordinates work assignments; plans work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Oversees the work of Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Utility Workers.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follows inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs
- Possesses knowledge of a safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
- Responsible for keeping the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe
- Follows operational and safety procedures
- Inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
- Monitor contractors, inspects work and generates deficiency lists
- Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs
- Ability to perform assigned functions required of a Chief Engineer
- Projects a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrates exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others
- Assist in instituting and administering policies and procedures established by Engineering Management
- Administers necessary inventory control programs to ensure adequate spare parts and material inventories
- Responds to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outages and other related situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified personnel
- Pursues employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer and/or Operation Manager
- Assist in the administration of the properties impairment and loss prevention program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications needed for the position: \* (Minimum requirements include at least 4 of the following)\*
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience
- License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
Maryland Properties -2nd Grade Stationary Engineer License
HVAC Masters License
SMT Certification or enrollment in a program
Universal CFC certification required
- Minimum of 6 years of field experience
- Continuing education in field
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to coordinate work efficiently and optimize the performance of others
- Strong computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problems associated with Building Automation Systems
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and Life Safety codes
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks
- Regularly required to talk, and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs & ladders
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
Internal and External Contacts:
This position interacts extensively with tenants, vendors, and contractors, as well as other employees within Lincoln Property Company.
Please include salary requirements with application. Qualified applicants will proceed with background investigation and drug screening. Lincoln Property Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time