JOB NUMBER: 2190828
Candidates should have as a minimum:
1. BS Degree in Civil Engineering and registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
2. Minimum of 10 years as an Engineer of Record role in the design and preparation of structural plans for industrial facilities and refineries and tall buildings and structures.
3. Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana, or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity within 6 months.
1. Structural Design Engineer must have an in-depth working knowledge of advanced computer software used in the design of concrete foundations, both soil and pile supported; and reinforced concrete and structural steel. Must have a thorough knowledge of structural engineering practices, calculation methods and design details, using US Design Codes and Standards for industrial plants, refineries and tall buildings and other structures.
2. Extensive experience using US Design Codes (IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI) is required and production of the associated construction drawings
3. Experience with projects to identify design requirements and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and STAADPro V8i software.
4. Authorized to work in the United States
1. Assist Project Managers and Engineers in design oversight, coordination, and CADD related tasks during the proposal, design, and construction phases.
2. Utilize appropriate design software in performing quality assurance reviews of design activities of the various design consultants.
3. Plan, schedule and provide work directions as required for the preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data.
Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
4. Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule
5. Identify design requirements for structural and civil elements including but not limited to reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
6. Perform engineering assessments of structural deficiencies, failure analysis, provide remedial solutions, prepare technical reports and verify “As-Built” record drawings for accuracy.
7. Assist in cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
8. Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and with budget
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Resumes without the job number will not be considered
Job Open Date: 06/20/2019 Closed Date: UNTIL HIRE
Method of application: 1) email@example.com 2) PO Box 84010, Baton Rouge, LA, 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
G.E.C., Inc. an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans status, or disability status.