Join an entrepreneurial team of dedicated engineering and technical services consultants that work to improve and strengthen America’s energy infrastructure. At LSC, we are committed to safeguarding the well-being of people and the environment without compromise in a fast-paced, high energy environment. LSC supports client projects ranging from pipeline construction to plant design, allowing our teams to gain a breadth of in-depth experience while making a positive impact in the exciting energy market. We want you to join our team and make an impact!
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a position as a Mechanical Engineering Intern at our office in Duluth, MN.
The intern will work under the direct supervision of Mechanical Engineers. This person will be exposed to a variety of internal and external stakeholders in conjunction with key mechanical engineering techniques and processes. This person will also be exposed to a variety of projects related to facilities design, construction management from inception through delivery. Typically, these projects will be multi-disciplinary covering civil, mechanical, and electrical work.
- Work on multiple assignments; work independently; communicate and interface effectively while working in a team environment
- Assist engineers and CAD Designers with completing project design documentation, calculations, research, CAD drawings and/or reports
- Assist engineers in developing standard operational department procedures and drawing standards and details
- Assist project engineers and CAD Designers in preparing project cost estimates, reports and design documents
- Assist engineers with calculations and CAD design
- Assist engineers in preparation of final reports, department procedures, techniques and standards
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Current Engineering Student with at least 2 years completed in Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- Design or operating experience a plus
- Proficient in MSOffice suite
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and develop professionally
- Ability to work extra hours and possible overtime when projects demand
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Frequent periods of standing for long periods.
- Occasional lifting in up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to weather including heat and cold climates.
- Ability to work long hours and possible overtime when projects demand.