Provost Construction is a national general contractor looking for highly motivated, well-organized, Superintendents for several commercial,retail and restaurant projects. If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing commercial construction firm with an excellent reputation in its industry, then this is the opportunity for you.
The Superintendent is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety, schedule, and a comprehensive knowledge for the day to day field operations for their assigned project(s) including planning, coordinating, sequencing work, procurement of materials, and supervising subcontractors and vendors to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to Provost’s quality standards.
*Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background.
*Applicant must be able to travel to various locations throughout the United States and remain see project though till completion.
Commercial construction experience on ground up and build-out projects
Superintendent experience 5+ years
Team Player with strong work ethic and a motivational “Fire”
Ability to use computer and cell phone application for project tracking
- Responsible for the day to day onsite management of Provost’s projects
- Develop a complete understanding of the plans and specifications, including the subcontractor’s scope of work
- Communicates expectations with project team to achieve the goals of the Provost project plan
- Assist PC and PM with submittals, maintains submittal log
- Responsible for providing a safe work environment and ensure jobsite safety procedures and policies are communicated and enforced
- Hold Weekly Safety meetings and Document all Safety Talks.
- Orders materials, tools and equipment as need, with support from main office
- Maintain on site equipment, rental equipment and materials purchased log
- Provide proper security for tools and job equipment
- Maintain an organized and clean job site
- Complete Daily Job Reports and submit to PM AND General super
- Update Project Schedule with PM on weekly basis
- Ensure all subcontractors and vendors are using latest and correct Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Review and verify all contractor's Scope of Work against RFP and Specifications
- Mitigate any Subcontractor Change Orders in Field before getting PM involved
- Review shop drawings for errors and clarification
- Set up Pre-Coordination Meetings with each Sub at least 1 weeks prior to initial mobilization. Fill out Initial 2-week planner at this time
- Work with Subcontractors to complete 2-week detailed look ahead on weekly basis. Set up 1 day each week that all are due from subs - typically Friday or Monday
- Consolidate Subcontractor Look Ahead submit to PM and PC
- Responsible for contacting all Subcontractors to set up and maintain schedule
- Conduct weekly meetings with field team to ensure project status and identify Project Critical Path
- Review Schedule and billing with PM
- Update Record Drawings in field weekly
- Update expense reports weekly with cost codes
- Schedule all inspections as required
- Set up and organize all Rough-In Punch Lists, Final Contractor and Client Punch Lists.
- Submit weekly photos, daily photos if required by client
- Manage all closeout submittals and Warranty Documents on an ongoing basis throughout project (to be assisted by PC).
- Execute the work ensuring goals are met for safety, quality, cost, and schedule
- Inspects production for adherence to specs, researches and develops ways to upgrade workmanship and reduce production costs
- Manage the subcontractor’s work (quality, safety, and timeliness) as if it is ours
- Insure that all work (Provost’s and subs) meet the project requirements
- Communicates with all personnel involved, including Owners Representative, the Architect, Engineers, Sub-Contractors and Provost office personnel as necessary to coordinate work
- Motivates and leads the construction team, resolves employee relations problems
- Provide necessary task training to project personnel
- Recommends employment actions, evaluates performance, and provides work direction for assigned staff
- Observes and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, OSHA regulations, building codes, nondiscrimination requirements
Compensation to include the following:
- Salary based on experience and qualifications
- Performance bonuses
- Company truck
- Fuel card
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company provided & maintained technology (phone/laptop)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
Hours per Week: