Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the assigned area. Plans, organizes, and accomplishes the daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals for assigned area with regard to safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, and cost performance. Establishes and monitors quantitative performance metrics and takes corrective actions as required to attain goals established by the Manufacturing Manager. Creates an environment where employees are motivated and rewarded for achieving high levels of performance. Applies appropriate quantitative problem solving methods and techniques to improve performance of assigned area. Supports new product and process development by providing resources and manufacturability input to ensure robust and efficient methods are introduced into production. Responsible for contributing to the achievement of total customer satisfaction by providing high quality and timely service to all internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise the Production
1. Supervise various personnel related activities such as Time & Attendance, Staffing, Employee Relations, Training and Performance Appraisals.
2. Partner with Planners, Master Scheduler, and Team Leaders to facilitate execution of the manufacturing schedule.
3. Partner with HR to lead the hiring process for new production personnel
4. Develop and mentor personnel by providing coaching, guidance and training. Develops training materials and aides.
5. Ensure adequate assembly capacity and utilization using quantitative analysis
6. Provide employee training on safety and the proper handling of hazardous waste and chemicals. Proactively supports a safe work environment by identifying and resolving risks and monitoring personnel to ensure all safety precautions are in place and being followed.
7. Develops, compiles and communicates department reports, metrics and measures.
8. Resolves or escalates issues in a timely manner; often involves Manufacturing Manager.
9. Leads daily work area huddles/white board meetings
1. Ensure that product quality and reliability are maintained throughout the production processes.
2. Lead the identification and resolution of production issues. Through the MRB and other processes, works with other departments such as quality, design engineering , process engineering, supply chain, and test engineering to perform root cause analysis and to develop, validate and implement solutions with minimal impact on production
3. Utilize department resources to collect, analyze and communicate product and/or program performance data.
4. Develop, communicate and maintain design for manufacturability guidelines and standards for assembly.
5. Partner with engineering to develop robust implementation plans for new processes & products.
6. Initiate and support process improvement activities in support of departmental goals and objectives.
7. Ensures appropriate preventative maintenance process and procedures are in place a and followed.
8. May handle hazardous waste as outlined in departmental work instructions. The following RCRA training is required on initial hire and on an annual basis thereafter: Introduction to RCRA, Properties of Facility Waste, Waste Minimization Accumulation, Container Management, and Emergency Response Plan.
9. Ensures assigned areas are knowledgeable and compliant with AS9100 Quality Systems SOP's.
10. Establishes a culture of process discipline where manufacturing process recipes are understood and followed consistently by production personnel.
1. Drives 5S disciplines throughout production areas.
2. Creates a work environment where employee engagement and participation in improvement projected is expected and encouraged
3. Provides training and mentorship to team members for CI activities
4. Develops, compiles and communicate department improvement plans.
5. Identifies, communicates, and leads larger scope improvement tasks as reviewed and approved by management"
1. Complies with and supports all department and corporate policies and procedures, included but not limited to Affirmative Action/EEO regulations, safety, security, ESD, FOD, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct..
2. Takes personal ownership of internal and external customer issues and follows through to resolution in a timely manner.
3. Takes full responsibility for assigned projects and tasks.
4. Perform all other related duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities. Leverages each member's strengths and creates a motivating environment for their team to achieve desired results. Able to communicate goals and inspire the organization to achieve them. Provides clear, frequent direction to subordinates, and support functions, in support of production goals.
2. Strong customer service and quality orientation
3. Capable of independently developing and executing effective plans; identifying obstacles and issues and communicating to get things resolved.
4. Demonstrated ability to independently conceive of, implement and manage continuous improvement projects which utilize methods and techniques such as: SPC, 5S, Standardized Work, Fishbone Diagrams, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, and Poke-Yoke.
5. Ability to lead improvement initiatives and mentor others in the effective application of quantitative/structured problem solving techniques and methods.
6. Knowledgeable of product flow, assembly process and build sequences (including soldering, adhesives, and automated equipment operations) with the demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and perform failure analysis
7. Able to guide teams to resolve routine issues with minimal oversight. Identifies barriers and involves appropriate resources to resolve issues.
8. Able to tolerate stress and maintain effectiveness and a positive work environment in a fast paced production environment with multiple priorities
9. Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office, MRP systems, and SPC systems
10. Develop a culture that promotes positive employee relations.
11. Prior experience improving metrics regarding safety, quality, throughout, cost control/reduction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree Field: Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-5 Years Relevant Experience
Green Belt or Lean
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC. b) Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations. c) Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL). d) Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required. e) Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program.