Duties / Responsibilities
- Drafting and design of electrical systems for building projects including:
- Lighting Systems and Controls
- In building power distribution systems.
- Alternative power systems including wind turbines and photo-voltaic.
- Backup power emergency generator and UPS systems.
- Telecommunications infrastructure and cabling systems.
- Fire alarm systems.
- Audio/visual and other communications systems.
- Access control and video surveillance systems.
- Measurement and documentation of existing electrical systems in buildings.
- Coordinating with other professional members of the design team.
- Increasing knowledge and participation in design of electrical systems under the supervision of senior design technicians and professional engineers.
- Completed an Associate’s Degree of Drafting or Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must have a professional and pleasant attitude.
- Must be comfortable working independently, but also working collaboratively with other professionals.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Revit software is preferred, but not required. Training will be provided so that the designer can become proficient in Revit if they are not already proficient.
- Work hours are 40 hours per week with overtime available at times.
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; HSA; paid time off (PTO) and holidays; 401K plan with profit sharing; and cell phone reimbursement.
- Hourly wage depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off